All reviews gourmet breakfast full scottish breakfast quiet street b bs we've stayed derrick tram
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We wanted a special getaway for our anniversary and although it was only overnight, We were very impressed, spacious room with high ceiling and decorated to a high standard, warm welcome and delicious brekkie, highly recommend

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank l1christie
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We spent five nights in this elegant, beautifully decorated b&b. The moment I walked up the graceful, winding staircase that led from the front entrance to the welcome hall and our spacious, en-suite bedroom, I knew that I had discovered a very special place. Someone had gone to great lengths to make this stately place both lovely and comfortable. The high ceilings and tall windows brightened the rooms even on cloudy days. Our host, Derrick, was warm and gracious. He clearly loves what he is doing and is rightly proud of his establishment. I enjoyed lingering over my tea and talking with him about Edinburgh in the mornings before we set out for our day's adventure, often with recommendations from Derrick for restaurants and places of interest. Breakfasts were a gourmet delight, and never the same menu twice. I didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

While enjoying the usual excellent hospitality from Derrick we had the good fortune to be treated to his new afternoon tea. It began with a glass of excellent top quality champagne which is always a good way to start. Then tasty and original sandwiches, light scones and a succession of excellent cakes. All home made and all too more-ish. Accompanied by a range of leaf teas to your choice.
The rest of the experience is very much as described by others. Friendly and welcoming, comfortable and stylish.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2013

We wanted a special place for our visit to Edinburgh and Allburys surpassed our expectations. Derrick is a "hands on" host with the goal of making you feel very pampered. It is apparent that impeccable taste was applied in the decor and furnishings. Our view of Edinburgh from our Robin room was a pleasant surprise: we could see rooftops and a bit of the castle & Fireworks from the Tattoo!
Breakfast was wonderful every day: our choices were served in an elegant dining room with pleasant music and a relaxed atmosphere. We had fun "breakfast mates" to share our previous nights forays with. The food was delicious!

Room Tip: We had the Robin Room. Didn't see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Allburys Aug 24/25th this year and can only give the highest praise to the owners for decorating and fitting out this lovely old house to the highest standards possible. Derrick is the ideal host, attention to detail and standards is also reflected in the breakfast that is prepared to your liking with all tastes provided for. This must rank as the best small hotel in which I have stayed in forty five years of visiting my favourite city, I will certainly return, thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo