All reviews gourmet breakfast full scottish breakfast quiet street b bs we've stayed derrick tram
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a two night stay at Allburys. I can not speak highly enough of my experience there. From the moment we arrived I was amazed by the sheer beauty of the building and very impressed by its superb location, as promised, it is in Edinburgh Centre and yet on a quiet, idyllic street. We were shown to 'The Robin Suite' by the charming and welcoming Derrick and I could not have been happier. Our room was bright, clean and very comfortable. The sitting room was cosy and both rooms offered great views. The bathroom was of the highest spec and again impeccably clean.

Breakfast was exquisite on both mornings and Derrick had created a menu to suit all. I honestly can not think of a time or place I have had such a delicious start to to the day.

The decor is immaculate and eclectic throughout, from the sweeping staircase to the music played in the dining room, Allburys oozes effortless style. My only regret is that we did not book to have an evening meal but when I return I will be sure to do so.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just stayed in this fantastic boutique B and B cant recommend enough, Derrick was very welcoming, the property was fantastic, the bed so comfy did not want to leave and the breakfast superb, a real treat for me as was a gift for Christmas! Love all the special touches in the room, left very relaxed. Thanks so much, planning on making this an annual trip from now!

Room Tip: Rooms very comfortable, decor beautiful, You will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Had a long weekend as a birthday/Christmas shopping treat. Allburys is fantastic, every aspect is quality, no skimping from the décor to the toiletries to the food! Derek obviously has an eye for detail and it's all beautiful. Its all very nice and clean as well as friendly, and coming from a clean freak foodie that came away so happy its a big compliment! Location was fab, quick walk down the road to the shops and all the city has to offer I would love to go back to Allburys!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed here for two nights as a surprise for my birthday. Great location as it's only a short walk to the city centre and is also on several bus routes. We stayed in the Robin suite which was lovely-the facilities were great, absolutely spotless and I think the bed is the comfiest I've slept in. Derek was a welcoming and attentive host and his breakfasts were faultless, I'd particularly recommend his omelettes! Overall, a wonderful stay.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Just back from a short pre-xmas break in Edinburgh and were delighted with this elegant, comfortable, well located B&B. The service was excellent - Derek is a warm and attentive host who rustles up a mean Eggs Benedict! The 'doubler' breakfast roll (quality bacon!) was also delicious. Concur with others about the quality of the bed and the bedding, as well as the well appointed shower room. We had a room at the back of the house which made for a very quiet nights sleep - you would never know you were in the city centre. Recommended.