“Perfect Eggs Bene! NOM NOM!”
Review of Word of Mouth Cafe

Word of Mouth Cafe
Ranked #330 of 2,478 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Inverness
“Perfect Eggs Bene! NOM NOM!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Friend told us about WOM so decided to give it a try. Was feeling a little ropey from our previous night, couldnt have asked for anything better. We both ordered eggs bene and coffee. Coffee was good and the food was delicious. I was a little unsure of the oregano with the hollandaise but it went quiet well together. The hollandaise was also made to order (slightly runny for my liking) but it never stopped me from enjoying the greatness infront of me!

To be picky, as the cafe was packed, it was a little stuffy but it never really looked like some fresh air was an option. Will definitely return and the price was very reasonable and the staff were really friendly too. Job well done.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SGInv

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always my number 1!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I love this cafe, the food has never disappointed and the coffee is great. I like to kick back here on a Sunday afternoon with the papers and enjoy freshly cooked food. I especially love the full breakfast or eggs benedict. The croques are the best I have tasted, if it's your first visit, try the croque Madame, I guarantee u will be back for more! This place changed hands almost a year ago and u can tell, the food is prepared as you wait and it's top quality. The staff are always cheerful and chatty. Great place, so pleased to have a local this good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Yodamca
“Remarkable food and atmosphere !”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I started having my breakfast and some times lunch evry day, since last June when i was working in a building near by, the food is freshly cooked infront of you, excelent service, very friendly staff, love the decor and good price.... etc
Ps; if you are junk food eater dont even think about this place..;-)

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank surkew
Strathaven
“GREAT LITTLE DINNER”
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Quite well positioned on Leith Walk about 10 minutes from Princess Street. Food is cooked as you wait so not for fast food junkies. Good selection from breakfast to lunch and everything os well prepared, obviously fresh and great quality. More expensive than High St franchise near by but much better food and well worth the wait. Nice pleasant staff.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank JimJ57
Thatcham, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed not far from here and so came here for a breakfast and a lunch visit. The pastries we had for breakfast were huge! As was the toast my friend ordered. For our lunch a couple of days later, I had a mozzarella and spinach crepe which was lovely, if not slightly peppery. My friend had a steak sandwich which was very filling but she said it was delicious. The two guys that work there were lovely and chatted to us about where we were from. Lovely place, definitely recommended.

• Visited July 2013