“Sandwich heaven!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 March 2014

After trailing about town all morning I could breathe a sigh of relief when I found The Word of Mouth cafe. It's shabby-chic decor and it's inviting atmosphere made for a lovely lunch and the added benefit of being able to take the dog in as well!
Their smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwich with rocket and various other green leafy veg was satisfying beyond belief and for the size of the portion the price was very reasonable! Their choice of tea's is also another thing to marvel at, this cafe is a supplier of suki tea's which is some of the best tea I have tasted!

1  Thank Emma H

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Why aren't there more places like this? It's not hard, a warm welcome a decent cup of coffee, just the right amount of choice on the menu. Eggs Benedict, poached perfect, OK, I am a really fussy bunny, bit more punch in the hollandaise needed from extra vinegar reduction, and drop of lemon juice. If you love shabby chic and home cooked simple tasty breakfast, then visit.

1  Thank lapsyboy
Reviewed 16 February 2014

After searching google for "the best breakfast in Edinburgh" we opted for word of mouth and we're very pleased we did. Beautifully cooked breakfast and a piping hot pot of tea.

If your looking for somewhere to go look no further, it's worth making the short walk from the beaten track of the city centre.

Just do it!

1  Thank Whoosp
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Consistently good food! Cappuccino is the best too! Always happy to travel to visit this unusually good cafe. The owner learns what you like and always delivers good service.

1  Thank leisure_lovers_uk
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We were just walking into town on new years day and fancied some brunch when we stumbled upon Word of Mouth. We were greeted by friendly smiles and a warm welcome by chef and waitress. I saw the eggs Benedict being served at a nearby table and was immediately sold! My partner opted for the full breakfast. We had a huge pot of twinnings tea which was yum and soon after our breakfasts arrived. What amazing presentation! The eggs Benedict is seasoned so well and the hollandaise sauce is spot on! My partner and I agreed the bacon was gorgeous and we easily polished off the plates. He also liked the sausages!! Overall so glad we found this cafe and will be recommending it to friends. Hopefully we will have the chance to return.

1  Thank Sam W