“New chef new menu”

Ellersly House Hotel Restaurant
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Murrayfield
Description: The Kinellan Restaurant at the Ellersly House Hotel is already developing a reputation for its gently cooked, seasonal, Scottish cuisine. Our menus reflect the Scottish seasons with freshly cooked ingredients specially chosen from outstanding local suppliers. Fish from Campbell’s. Choice cuts from Gilmour’s herd of Aberdeen Angus. Mushrooms, vegetables and venison from Wild Taste. And, fresh herbs shortly to be supplied from the Hotel’s herb garden.You’ll enjoy the Kinellan’s calm ambience, its views over the croquet lawn, fine dining and warm hospitality. And, if you’re early, you can relax in our comfy sofas, savour an aperitif or visit our adjoining Whisky Bar.
Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

The new chef has completely revamped the menu and what a difference it has made. The Beef Cheek and Lamb Shank are absolutely delicious. The new desserts, especially the soufflé, are guaranteed to send my diet out of the window. Could maybe do with something on the menu for those of us who could lose a few pounds in the new year.

Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

I stay in the hotel most weeks and regularly eat in the restaurant. Having been away for 3 weeks I was told there was a new chef and new menu so was looking forward to trying it out. I can't wait to go back tomorrow. The beef cheeks were amazing, so succulent. Words can't do them justice. You may see a few more updates in the next few weeks!!

Reviewed 20 October 2013

The service is what really stands out. The food is ok just like the atmosphere (if any). A refurbishment is on its way and that is not a minute too late. It is located in a quiet area and with the bus down the road you are in no time in the city centre.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Menu looked good but the results were poor. Starter, mine was mushroom risotto, it was cold it tasted like tinned rice with a few slices of mushrooms added and microwaved in the bowl it was served in. Main I had Duck, it was served with wedges of new potatoes and a drizzle of sauce and it was cold. Others in my party had salmon; it was served on the remaining risotto that left over from the starter, still cold. The battered fish didn’t seem to be too bad. There was no veg served with any main meal. The meals came with what I would call garnish the salmon had 2 baby baby asparagus spears on the top and the duck had some grass clippings sprinkled on the plate. I was so embarrassed as I booked the restaurant I felt compelled to pay the bill. And not leave it to any of my other guests. The bar was restricted to draught HEINEKEN or GUINNESS both sponsor rugby you can tell where the restaurant is located.

Reviewed 13 April 2013

Stayed on Friday 12th April 2013 with an Itison voucher and was not disappointed ,though the hotel is a wee bit tired and need of some TLC ,the staff and food definately made up for it. I would recommend this hotel for the friendly welcome and lovely food