“Lovely Hotel with a true feel of Scotland”
Review of Ellersly House Hotel Restaurant - CLOSED

Ellersly House Hotel Restaurant
Price range: US$19 - US$34
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Murrayfield
Description: The Kinellan Restaurant at the Ellersly House Hotel is already developing a reputation for its gently cooked, seasonal, Scottish cuisine. Our menus reflect the Scottish seasons with freshly cooked ingredients specially chosen from outstanding local suppliers. Fish from Campbell’s. Choice cuts from Gilmour’s herd of Aberdeen Angus. Mushrooms, vegetables and venison from Wild Taste. And, fresh herbs shortly to be supplied from the Hotel’s herb garden.You’ll enjoy the Kinellan’s calm ambience, its views over the croquet lawn, fine dining and warm hospitality. And, if you’re early, you can relax in our comfy sofas, savour an aperitif or visit our adjoining Whisky Bar.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel with a true feel of Scotland”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed in this hotel with my bf, and service was super good and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Scottish people seems to be very nice in general, whoever I met while staying in Edinburgh for couple of days, was always very chatty and helpful.
Food in the hotel is nice, and portions are just the right size, even for my bf, who eats a lot :)
Breakfast had a buffet style, and you could also request a proper English fry up. Even though they didnt have any vegetarian sausages, they did few of those for me for breakfast.
Room service was nice as well, and the restaurant downstairs is nice and cosy enough to have an afternoon read or browse internet. View from the room was good - straight on the kindergaten, located in the castle. Proper Scottish feel to it.
Not far from the city Centre, couple of bus stops. And zoo nearby is a must see - very big, animals are friendly and well looked after, and I went there to see 3 koalas, and one baby koala - recent addition. Thats the only zoo who has Koalas in the UK.
I recommend this hotel and would stay there again./

• Visited February 2014

“Very nice”
Reviewed 19 March 2014 via mobile

I was staying in the hotel and decided to eat in the restaurant, nice menu to choose from. The food was lovely, the service was very good too. No problem here at all highly recommend.

Sidmouth, United Kingdom
“Top service Great food”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Prompt and efficient friendly service Food arrived promptly was really good tasting. Wide menu choice as was wine list.

Visited March 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice meal, poor service”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Exactly what it said on the tin, the food was tasty and there was a fair selection. The service was poor and has put me off returning.

Visited February 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Terribly disappointing”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Understaffed restaurant, polite but inexperienced waiter and disappointing food.

No pastry was served with the steak pies... So in effect, it was really stew and chips. We queried this - and only after everyone had finished their meal, were we informed that the pastry was now ready and would we like it?! The gammon was tough, no one asked to refresh our drinks, we had to ask for butter for the rolls... And who has ever heard of strawberries being served in a green salad?!

Neither I, nor any of my 7 co-diners, will be eating at Ellersly House Restaurant any time in the near future.

• Visited February 2014