“Good, quick, efficient service for a pre-theatre supper”

My Big Fat Greek Kitchen Restaurant
Ranked #1,332 of 2,591 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Description: Our restaurant is open since 2009. Recently it was taken under a new management and the new owner, Kostas, is a Greek who wants to share his love for the food and invite you to experience a taste of Greece. Now, our restaurant is refurbished and the menu has been improved to its best. We serve homemade and fresh food and most of the products are coming directly from Greece such as olive oil, Kalamata olives, honey, oregano, pita bread, wines and much more! Everyone is welcome to experience Greek style dining with us, which is based on sharing mezethes (a small sharing dish, bigger than started but smaller than main course). We serve different kinds of mezethes such as vegetarian, meat and sea food. Also, we serve some traditional and people’s loved main courses such as Souvlaki, Gyros and Moussaka. Our aim is to spread our love of Greek food and introduce you to great flavours. Welcome to our little corner of Greece in Edinburgh!
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We needed to be in and out within the hour as we were going to the theatre and had a 15min walk to get there. We asked the waitress if this was Ok and were told it wasn't a problem. We choose of the menu as we didn't fancy anything on the pre-theatre menu. We were not disappointed.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We chose off the menu because we are not great experts in Greek food. All I can say is that everything was cooked to perfection, meats were tender and flavourful, sauces tangy and tart, and service with a smile. Appeared to be a family run restaurant. I can sincerely recommend the Baclava - that stuff was insanely good!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Reservation made via e mail with prompt responses. The booking was for my wife's birthday treat, so I asked them to source a pud with candles which was done willingly. The romantic window table was kept for us without me asking for it. Great selection of about 20 mezz, the highlights being lemon chicken, vine leaves and perfect calamari. Host George and team were friendly, warm knowledgeable and attentive. Award winning wine was the first Greek wine I have really loved. I read all the "bad" reviews, and can honestly say that whilst any place can have an off day, they in no way reflected the great food and experience we had. Would certainly recommend and will certainly go back.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Staying with friends in Edinburgh, they'd never been here so it was a great experience for all of us. Quie a small restaurant, main room at the the front and a small back room with 3 or 4 tables. Lovely menu full of authentic Greek food. Pastourma (Greek sausage) Kalamari, some great dips, Kleftiko, Stifado and a Pork fillet stuffed with Halloumi were all beautifully presented and so tasty. I hate Baklava but we ordered one portion and this was absolutely scrummy. We will be back! One small minus, we would have preferred a table in the main area as we were the only ones in the small room and it did feel a little devoid of atmosphere.

1  Thank teejaybeeBristolUK
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Second visit to this restaurant and it is so nice to get decent Greek food in Edinburgh. Pleasant and efficient staff, authentic Greek music and nicely decorated with lovely Greek colours and photographs. Food is excellent and with a glass of good Retsina you can almost be transported back to Greece.