“Delightful”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Scottish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Breakfast: start your day with our award winning breakfast including a range of healthy options such as our own homemade granola (both gluten and dairy free), porridge cooked to order with a selection of toppings, croissants and pastries. Or set yourself up with something more hearty including scrambled eggs with salmon, bacon or sausage, our delicious full breakfast and lots of other tasty treats. Accompany the excellent eating with artisan coffee roasted in Edinburgh, or teas blended here in Scotland by Edinburgh based Eteaket.Throughout the day: if you're after something sweet, our delicious cakes are made on site by our staff who all love to bake. Our gluten free dark chocolate and nut brownies are regularly hailed as the best in town - as are our delicious light scones served with clotted cream and homemade jam. Lunch: eat in or take away daily specials such as homemade soups, frittatas, quiches and organic pork & herb sausage rolls together with our menu of seasonal Scottish deli plates, salads, sandwiches made with artisan Scottish cheeses, Highland salamis, Arran smoked fish, and Lanarkshire cooked meats. Wash all this down with one of our local craft beers or a selection of fine local drinks and soak up the atmosphere!
Valletta, Malta
“Delightful”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Delightful little cafe that serves THE perfect breakfast. Veggie haggis? Yes, please. Wonderful service to boot.

• Visited April 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Fresh, delicious, quaint, and cosy”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Picture beautifully seasoned scrambled eggs on thick slabs of toast made from crusty home made bread with folds of succulent smoked salmon draped across the top.

I live hundreds of miles away. But with that memory, I'm almost tempted to go back tomorrow morning.
Throw in the fact they serve some of the best coffee I've tasted, you might as well consider me halfway there.

• Visited June 2014
Derby, United Kingdom
“Best scrambled eggs ever !”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was finishing my bike trip when I find this small coffee not far from High Street and its agitation.
Here the place is small, comfy and quiet. The cold meals (quichesm salads, cakes,...) are nicely presented. Everything is cooked with local and fresh products. And it is done perfectly !
There are choices for any types of diet.
The scrambled eggs are the best I ever ate. Gorgeous !! :D
Coffee was excellent too !
The staff is really friendly and smiling. They make me really happy ! I definitely go back next time I'm in Edinburg !!
Congrats !

• Visited May 2014
“Awesome - Best food in the UK”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was cold and tired and stepped by chance into this Scottish Gem of a cafe and I am so glad that I did, seriously the best food I had in the UK. The owners are lovely making you feel immediately at home as they serve me steaming chicken and lentil soup with warm crusty bread. The soup was so good, I thought I would try a coffee (having struggled to find good coffee that was strong like we drink in Australia). The coffee was equally spectacular and I couldn't resist the the rhubarb cake, which was incredible, this from someone who doesn't even like cake. A must visit for lunch or breakfast on a trip to Edinburgh

• Visited May 2014
Millbrook, United Kingdom
“Friendly welcome with delicious drinks ”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Gorgeous cakes and artisan roast coffee with cheery staff and fresh decor. We sat on the comfy window seat and there was fitting background music. Although we love artisan roast coffee it made a nice change to have our favourite coffee in a different cafe. And you get a loyalty card...brilliant!