“Amazing!!!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Scottish, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Breakfast: start your day with our award winning breakfast including a range of healthy options such as our own homemade granola (both gluten and dairy free), porridge cooked to order with a selection of toppings, croissants and pastries. Or set yourself up with something more hearty including scrambled eggs with salmon, bacon or sausage, our delicious full breakfast and lots of other tasty treats. Accompany the excellent eating with artisan coffee roasted in Edinburgh, or teas blended here in Scotland by Edinburgh based Eteaket.Throughout the day: if you're after something sweet, our delicious cakes are made on site by our staff who all love to bake. Our gluten free dark chocolate and nut brownies are regularly hailed as the best in town - as are our delicious light scones served with clotted cream and homemade jam. Lunch: eat in or take away daily specials such as homemade soups, frittatas, quiches and organic pork & herb sausage rolls together with our menu of seasonal Scottish deli plates, salads, sandwiches made with artisan Scottish cheeses, Highland salamis, Arran smoked fish, and Lanarkshire cooked meats. Wash all this down with one of our local craft beers or a selection of fine local drinks and soak up the atmosphere!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Excellent locally sourced food, incredibly friendly staff, reasonably priced. Best soups in Edinburgh. I ate there time and time again and never once had a bad experience. Miss you guys already!

There are newer reviews for Edinburgh Larder Cafe

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We really loved our breakfasts here. The only thing I knock a star off for is on account of the very high prices. The food is really awesome, but how can you get away charging that much for eggs, bread, beans, and butter? The portions were reasonable, but if you're planning on a brunch type breakfast to keep you full all day until dinner, you're going to have to spend an arm and a leg because just buying one of the plates won't fill you up. If you just want a regular breakfast, portions will be fine. The sides like scones, juice, oatmeal, etc. are very, very, pricy. I had the smoked salmon with scrambled eggs on toast. It was the best smoked salmon I've eaten in Scotland. Husband had the typical full English breakfast. He loved it. We also shared a scone with clotted cream between the two of us and it was perfection. The only thing that hurt was the bill. Nevertheless, the food is all super-fresh and cooked perfectly and we would come back without hesitating. So long as we are not yet pensioners and still pulling in a healthy income :) PS: I would say this place is kid friendly.They had lots of kids when we were there, and I saw a high-chair in the corner.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We ate at the Edinburgh Larder on the recommendation of a local gift shop down the road, especially for gluten free food. We ate lunch the first day, and it was SO good we went back for breakfast the next day!! The food is amazing, and so tasty, from the drinks to the sandwiches to the dessert. We were full but had to taste it all! And besides the food, our waiter was amazing. I don't recall his name, but he was so cheerful, accommodating, and friendly. He was half the reason we came back the next day. Almost wish I had a picture with him! Cheers to the Larder, a cafe/restaurant that is one of the best I have ever been too worldwide. We will come back to Edinburgh, and you will be the first place we eat at!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I loved their pasties, like one filled with chicken, caramelized onions, bacon, and cheese. I sampled pasties and scones at two other places in Edinburgh, and the The Larder Cafe's won hands down. I went there 3 times, once just for a decadent chocolate brownie, and twice for take away lunches, including side salads. Their red cabbage and carrot salad with sesame seeds that was one of the best slaws I've ever had. Plus the two young servers were so nice it made going here a pleasure.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stumbled upon this excellent place looking for lunch on Friday; the servers were very friendly, and the food was amazing. Definitely try all their varieties of barley salad, especially the cucumber and mint one if they have it. The goat cheese sandwich was great as well. Will definitely remember The Larder for our next visit to Edinburgh!