“An encouter with the Whiskey Minotaur.”

The Banshee Labyrinth Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #387 of 2,527 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Old Town
London, United Kingdom
“An encouter with the Whiskey Minotaur.”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Went in here a couple of times during the fringe, considering its proximity to the royal mile the prices were very reasonable, the inside had a unique horror theme, the bouncers were among the most pleasant I have ever encountered and the atmosphere was excellent. My only gripe would be the TVs dotted about showing E4 on silent. The TVs however were soon banished from my thoughts by the highlight of my visits; the bartender, a man who truly loved his whiskey and was keen to share it with me and my inexperienced friends. It is to him I owe a new found appreciation Scotland's malts. His impassioned lesson in the proper consumption of scotch was worthy of a fringe show in its own right.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Lydbrook, United Kingdom
“Great pub, great prices”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Been in Edinburgh for 2 weeks and pretty much camped out at the Banshee Labyrinth. The atmosphere is great and Bailey and the staff can't do enough for you. Given it's proximity to the Royal Mile the prices are good too, MUCH cheaper then those actually on the Mile, and the beer is kept really well. The music selection behind the bar is terrific. So if you want a characterful pub that won't break the bank, go to the Banshee!

• Visited August 2013
South Shields, United Kingdom
“one of my favourite pubs in edinburgh”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I love this place, it is really wacky and we saw several free fringe shows when we were there, well worth a visit

Visited August 2013
UK
“Love it”
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Moved to the area and we were looking for a home from home and boy did we find it. Good drinks,excellent food (although they ran out of steak but the fish and chips were just as good). Staff friendly,welcoming and helpful. You will meet an interesting and varied style of people (just our cup of tea). Our new local I think. Not to be missed

• Visited April 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Banshee!”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The Banshee Labyrinth just off the Royal mile and down Niddrie Street. Great for a catch up with mates, good food for snacks and is open late so fancy a cheap drink you can just pop in. The Banshee has a cinema, pool table. Pretty Awesome, if you're near give it a bash!

• Visited December 2012