“BIRTHDAY WEEKEND”

Travelodge Edinburgh Cameron Toll
Ranked #70 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Excellent hotel. Ideal for transport to City Centre. Free parking.
Staff are all exremely polite and approachable. Breakfast very good value.
Beds very very comfortable. Will definately stay hear again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our recent stay here was lovely. The room was extremely comfortable,light and airy. There was plenty of room for myself,my partner and our son. The staff on reception were very helpful,polite and seemed to know what they were doing,especially Melvin! The only downside to our stay was that the room we stayed in (124) was right on the main road/bus route and there was no nets/blinds at the windows and they were the big bay windows so it wasn't private enough,apart from this our stay was very pleasant and we will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We have just come back from staying here for one night, we were very pleased with the hotel.The room is standard what you normally get with Travel Lodge basic but clean and tidy.The location was ideal as a bus stop right outside the hotel into the city centre or a 1.9 mile walk we took a slow walk and it took us about half an hour to get to the city.There is a car park on site which is free but this gets busy, however there is a Sainsbury's across the road which is ideal and you are ok to park on there.On our walk into the city we noticed lots of places to eat, or there is a cafe and bar in the hotel which is handy and not bad on price.The staff were all very helpful and friendly will be stopping here again fantastic city location and a decent price.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Before coming to this hotel I stayed in a "not great" Travelodge in Glasgow, I don't know if this has poisoned my point of view or not, but this hotel was really good!
When we arrived, we were greeted by a friendly professional guy who checked us in and gave us our room key. My friend and I booked a twin room, we were given one pretty much right by the front door. I thought the noise from outside in either the corridor of the front of the hotel will be a bother, but it was honestly really quiet.
The room was clean and smart. The breakfast (which I absolutely recommend) was a collection of hot and cold food which will give you a great kick start to the day.
There is good car parking at this hotel. When we arrived we pulled straight into a space and had no problems. I felt that my car was safe and secure.
Hidden across the road from this hotel is a HUGE Sainsbury's and a couple of restaurants, so you always have a fall back plan if you happen to be craving those Haribos on a Friday afternoon.
In relation to the city centre, this hotel is on a road that leads straight to the beating heart of Edinburgh - The Royal Mile. I found that this was a 40-45 minute walk, which for my friend and I was fine, but there is always the option of getting the bus. There are a couple of buses that are scheduled every 15 minutes towards the city centre.
Overall, a brilliant hotel which added to the experience of a beautiful city.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2014

There is only one negative thing about this review... it is so positive I might have a problem booking it in future!

I have often struggled with the "Edinburgh problem". Shows would be better with a stop over but hotels are extortionate and generally have no or very expensive parking.

Easy to find, well located just across from Cameron Toll shopping centre, and with free parking, this was a serendipdous discovery indeed! On the main bus route too... gives options.

Staff exceptionally professional and friendly.

Room well furnished and clean.

No noise at night... and that bed was just amazing! Didn't groan under my bulk, but cuddled me to sleep like a summer cloud on a dreamy lazy day. Best sleep I've had in a hotel bed in ages!

Breakfast was great... checkout time sensible and extendable... quite simply, what's not to love?

I have found a new base for my Capital adventures... now keep it to yourself please!

Room Tip: We were in room 11... ground floor and facing the car park... perfectly quiet all night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

New, quiet, clean Travelodge,with free parking. Situated on a road with plenty of buses into town (only a 5-10 min bus journey to the centre of Edinburgh). Have stayed a few times, always a good experience, no problems, and very QUIET!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PaulineBHG
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything as you'd expect, but charged £10 for an "early check-in" at 1 pm! Not exactly welcoming, and it's not as if I arrived at 10 a.m or during breakfast. I've used the hotel twice in the last year and at least 6 times in the last two years, this is the first negative experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family