“Excellent”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

There were 5 of us ate here before going to kings theatre. It was excellent. My husband had curry for his main meal and said it was best curry he had had. My mum and dad had chow mein and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had lemon chicken and it was great and there was loads. My son had chicken fried rice and said it was brilliant. We all had soup for starters and my husband had spare ribs and they were all great. Very reasonably priced too.

1  Thank kelly150474

Reviewed 13 November 2013

In a party of 4 people we had a variety of starter courses and mains. The vegetable spring roll starter consisted of 4 tiny rolls that were overcooked. My spicy ribs were relatively tasty but largely bone and gristle. Whilst my main course, chow main, was okay I would say its easy to find a much better example in another restaurant. The other main courses were okay but nothing special. I really don't understand the other very positive reviews of this restaurant - their experience was obviously very different to ours.

The interior lacked atmosphere and the 'proprietor' was obviously undertaking her 'bookwork' sitting at one of the tables. This does not help the ambience of the small restaurant. Overall, it was an average experience at best and with the vast choice of Chinese restaurants in Edinburgh i certainly won't be returning.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The food was as good as I remembered. I kind of dragged my partner to this restaurant. It is really small but the food in there triumphs anything else.

Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

From the outside, and indeed the inside, this place doesn't look all that (24 seats and old-looking) however the food and service were both great.
Couldn't fault and we'll be back next time we're in Edinburgh.

2  Thank David G
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Not our first visit and will definitely not be our last!

We had a set menu and it was great! We didn't fancy one of the main meals so swapped it for a fish dish.

Our 8 year old tucked into the soup and then ate loads of duck!!!! She even had space for ice-cream when no-one else did.

Great service. excellent value for money - we'll definitely be back......

1  Thank CLittle75