“Window seat rocks!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Jody T
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Window seat rocks!”
Reviewed 1 October 2012 for a stay in September 2012

I just returned from my stay in Edinburgh at Ladystairs 2. The entire experience was amazing. Dave very patiently waited for me in the rain outside the flat on my first day to show me around and make sure I had everything I needed.

The best feature is the window seat which overlooks the lawnmarket. I spent every morning with a cup of tea and a crumpet looking out at the tourist buses that stop underneath the window. The bedroom is small, but once unpacked, it was not an issue. It has a window overlooking a courtyard where walking tours commence. That said, unless I had windows open, I heard nearly no exterior noise. I didn't overly care for the 2 flights of circular stairs, but I've rarely stayed in Edinburgh where there were fewer. The interior and exterior were well maintained and quite clean.

The location is unbeatable. I had concerns about ongoing recorded bagpipe music because it is located over several tourist shops, but the only time I heard anything was when I had the front windows open. There are buses to nearly anywhere in Edinburgh just around the corner and the cab rank is just a couple of blocks down the street.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I love the window seat!
Liked least: Freeview only, no SkyTV
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
& Mystic, CT

Reviewed 5 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011

Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing