Excellent, contemporary apartment within a Victorian terrace. Very smart throughout, with little of the original interior to be seen. Well equipped with washing machine and dishwasher, however, there's no table and chairs, just two bar stools and a ledge to eat at.
Off-street parking for one car and we were lucky enough to get the space, otherwise parking on the street outside with parking meters 08:20 - 18:00. To give an indication of the location, Merchiston is 1.5mile, 30min walk from Edinburgh Castle, though buses are plentiful and cheap in Edinburgh.
The Tesco Express, just a minute's walk away, is very convenient as are the numerous nearby cafes.
I use many apartments, in many cities and this up there with the best, dropping a star for me because there's no table and chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A grand Victorian property of 8 luxury serviced apartments set in the cosmopolitan district of Merchiston where visitors are now offered an unrivalled home from home experience. The sumptuous interiors at Merchiston Residence are contemporary and bespoke, exuding sophisticated elegance. Merchiston Residence is a minute’s walk from the fashionable area of Bruntsfield which is home to designer boutique shopping and a myriad of independent eateries, and is a 15-20 minute walk or 5 minute bus or taxi ride into the city centre and the surrounding landmarks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Merchiston Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merchiston Residence Hotel Edinburgh
- Merchiston Residence Edinburgh, Scotland