Open today: 09:00 - 17:15
Book In Advance
Tours from The Hairy Coo tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience The Hairy Coo
from US$64.20
from US$195.30
from US$55.10
3,386 results
All reviews doune castle wallace monument loch katrine scottish history our tour guide monty python orange bus free tour great tour tip based day trip scottish music highland tour holy grail highland cows his knowledge beautiful scenery
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This tour was wonderful! We spent our last day in Scotland on the Ness Bus. It was a great way to see more of Scotland.

I was a bit worried about the amount of time we would spend in the bus, but Ryen did a fantastic job keeping us entertained. He is very knowledgeable. He pointed out historical sights and locations we recognized from movies/TV. He also taught us a lot about the history of Scotland. Ryen went above and beyond by recommending some local spots to eat also. If Ryen is your guide/driver you are in for a treat!

The day was broken up nicely. I only wish we had more time at each stop, but I guess all good things do have to come to an end.

Reviewed yesterday

The Hairy Coo tour was excellent. The country side is amazing. The weather held out until late afternoon. But the highlight of the tour was our driver, Graham. He was very entertaining and encouraged us to be an active participate in the tour. We felt like we'd been to a comedy club event. Thank you for employing such a wonderful driver.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I absolutely love this company! They are so fun and I feel like any tour you do with them (free or otherwise) is worth every penny! I have done 6 tours with this company in the last tour with different friends as they visited (which shows how great hairy coo is!) and I e loved every single one of them! Our guide this past time for the free tour, Colin, was great! Made it so much fun and put so much energy into it! My family and I are already planning or next trip!

Reviewed 2 days ago

What a wonderful Scotland tour! I recommended this 3 days tour operated by Hairy Coo if you have enough time to visit Scotland. Many awesome sights to see even if in late autumn (because I joined this tour in first week of November and sunset was about 4.30PM.) However, I saw the beautiful autumn color. The best time is Spring, Summer and early autumn if you have a chance to arrange the travel plan as you like. I am sure that you will never forget this tour in your life. Our guide "Colin" is very nice and kindful and he made us to be a great tour. Moreover, Hairy Coo is the best price.

Reviewed 2 days ago

OMG what a tour - so many wonderful sights to see - our guide was the happiest soul ever which was very contagious! Every day was an enjoyable experience so many beautiful sights to see and a very informative guide as well - who went out of his way to make sure everyone's experience was enjoyable. Yes its a full on tour but heck there's a lot to see and do. We are in the older age bracket and found 3 days was perfect - would love to go back and experience more. Thanks Hairy Coo for making our trip from Oz to Scotland an amazing experience.

Reviewed 2 days ago

My husband and I went on the 3 day Isle of Skye tour with Sean as our guide. From the start of the trip and through out each day Sean was very friendly and personable. At each location he was very knowledgeable and provided plenty of fun facts and history about what we were seeing. He made a special stop so we could see some Harry Coo's! The hotel we stayed at in Inverness was very nice and we were dropped off and picked up each morning right in front of our hotel which was so convenient! The rate included breakfast and it was a delicious buffet with plenty to choose from. The time in Isle of Skye can only be described as magical! The place is breathtaking and we were so lucky we had sunny weather. The stop at the Isle of Sky Brewery was a pleasant surprise and Sean poured us some different beers on tap to taste. We had plenty of time at each stop and Sean made plenty of stops for bathroom/rest breaks as well. We were so pleased with our experience and would highly recommend this tour!

Reviewed 4 days ago

My friend and I went on a 3 day tour with The Hairy Coo and our guide was Colin. I thought the tour was quite full on, I felt like I've seen a lot. Colin is a really great story teller and I had to stay awake on the bus so I could listen to his histories. He did a few stops, which was nice as well, since I am not very good with the roads, but I was fine this time. It was a lovely trip full of information, nice sightseeing, great company and good driving too. Can't complain really.

Reviewed 4 days ago

The tour package is good overall. Our driver as well as tour guide Sean is very interactive and dynamic with the tour members & knowlegeable about Scotland's history. However, the trip at Isle of Skye is rather rush & short on the second day. Isle of Skye is suppose to be the highlight of this trip. We should have stayed at Portree instead of Invernes, at least for a night. The last day is rather boring & not as exciting except the whisky tour. This is my personal opinion about the itinerary.

Reviewed 5 days ago

I would go back on the bus this second. Our guide Colin was awesome, funny, full of knowledge and he had so many great stories which he told in the best style possible. I was hooked after the safety instructions before we even started our journey. The whole trip was exciting, we stopped many times, saw a lot of castles and some amazing scenery. I had so much fun those three days and I met a lot of new people (again, thanks to Colin). My only regret is that i haven't asked for the playlist, which was perfectly put together and i would love to listen it again. Oh and I must compliment the administration team which answered all my questions, very patiently, before the tour even started. Thank you guys, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 5 days ago

Our guide Graham was amazingly entertaining, and shared a lot of interesting history and facts about highland throughout the tour. Amazing 1 day tour!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Lauren K, Guest Relations Manager at The Hairy Coo, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Hi Kaoru,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It is great to know you had such a fantastic time exploring the Scottish Highlands with Graham as your guide.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.