Open today: 10:00 - 17:00
Review Highlights
Interesting art park

Great morning exploring the art with family. We visited with our children and my dad, he isn't a... read more

Reviewed 31 October 2021
Sapphire2829
Wonderful art, questionable cafe

Great place to explore, the installations are beautiful and interesting. An amazing day out which I... read more

Reviewed 23 October 2021
Kat-travels07
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Edinburgh
from US$18.87
from US$21.82
from US$24.27
from US$71.06
More Info
All reviews art installations sculpture park duck pond scones woods amethyst paths parkland leaping landscape sculpted trees acres
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I wasn't aware of this place so what a pleasure to find it. Some amazing landscape art and well interpreted. We took the bus there and it stops just beside the entrance. Very different.

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Living in Edinburgh makes it easy for me to visit Jupiter Artland and for the I'm grateful, as this place is wonderful. The art installations are unique and different, very appealing to the eye. You don't have to be an art lover to appreciate this place, it has something for everyone. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

I eventually found the entrance after a lot of driving around and arrived at the Car Park having wondered if I was heading in the right direction along the way! This was to get even worse when I couldn't find how to get to the place to pay, I did get there after asking a couple who pointed me in the right direction. As an aside, as I was leaving there was a taxi full of visitors who stopped to ask me where they would find the entrance! Jupiter Artland take note, signage poor!
After paying and being given a terrific A1 size 3D map with suggested routes and descriptions of all installations art and sculpture throughout the woodland walks, fields and in buildings which was extremely welcoming. I decided to have a latte and cake before starting my walk and walked into the busy cafe and said to the lady behind the counter that I would sit outside and was told a waitress would come out and take my order but they didn't! I had to go back in and ask for coffee, it was too strong for a latte and the cake was so dry, disappointing indeed!
Started following the suggested route and thoroughly enjoyed the walk through lovely woodland, birdsong and amazing and often very different sculptures and art installations along the way. I found the map so so helpful with a description and info on each one. Of course I had to photograph as much as I could and was very pleased with the results!
It is suggested that to walk round and go into all the exhibitions may take approximately 3hours and I would say it may take you longer depending on your interests. I loved the outdoor sculptures and some of them made me question stuff and I also found some stuff was different but then that's what art is all about. In my view you love it or hate it, there's no science behind it but when you read some of the supporting information on some of the art you do wonder what is going on in the psychi (so?)of some artists!!

i think the whole area is so well done, perhaps a little crazy in places but that is just one persons opinion!

1  Thank holland21
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Came here with our son on Saturday. What a great place to walk around. Wonderful pieces of art. Walked on popcorn! (An exhibit) Very nice restaurant. They do children's party's.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Combined a visit here while visiting Edinburgh. Thought nice day not had a picnic in ages, combine the two only to get there and see no picnic signs everywhere! Really did not know what I was going to but was thoroughly surprised and delighted by our visit.

Visited on a lovely day. You walk around a wood containing many interesting sculptures and is generally very beautiful. One of the nicest things is the country house in which all the art surrounds so you are wondering around someone's garden. You get to enter a side room in the house with the most beautiful ceiling. Everything is unusual and beautiful. There is a very nice looking cafe which we did not use (picnic in our car) but would love to try in the future.

Great way to spend a few hours and get fresh air and a good walk.

Date of experience: August 2017