“Great little business lunch!”
Review of In Touch

In Touch
Ranked #783 of 2,595 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$16 - US$42
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In Touch is a contemporary Indian & Bangladeshi Restaurant and Take Away, located just off Ferry Road, at 8 Inverleith Gardens, Edinburgh. In Touch Restaurant offers a wide range of the finest Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine and is dedicated to serving the highest quality food available. Our chefs use the freshest ingredients to create an unforgettable dining experience.
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I've lost count of how many takeaways I've ordered - all have been delicious and there has never been an issue with the length of time. I do stay quite close though.

I had lunch today, chicken kebab followed by lamb madras. I'd have preferred the kebab on either a stick or on a flat bread(it was just piled up - tasty nevertheless).

The lamb was tender and melted in the mouth and the curry sauce was lovely too. I had a nice peshwari naan too which was well cooked.

The other lunch diners I was with loved their meal. Service was fast and friendly - it was quiet though.

Top notch!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Glad I found this place. Excellent food at a reasonable cost, will certainly return. Has got to be one of the best in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Had a birthday meal with a friend here. There was 7 of us, and all lads. Must admit our group was a bit loud but although it was quiet with only just us in the place and later on the place picked up. We still had top notch service. The waiters were very attentive, not pushy and conscientous.

Food arrived on time and nice large portions. None of the tiny wee portions you get up town.

Would like to say thank you for a good night and keep up the good work.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have never had such bad service! On arrival we were taken to our table and given menus, we did not see the waiter again fro 30 minutes, we were never asked if we wanted drinks while we waited for our order to be taken. After a full hour of being in "In Touch" we finally received our starters (well almost, there was one missing from the order- but that arrived 15 minutes after the others!) We have to wait for an other hour before our main meals arrived (2 hours after arriving there!) The food was good, could have been warmer(did not want to send it back to be reheated, God knows how long I would have waited to see it return!) When we had finished the meal the waiter did ask the party of 8 if we wanted a complimentary drink as we had waited so long, but just could not wait to get out of the place as the large party of guests that were there had burst into song and were completely out of order. I think that In Touch were much to distracted by the amount of take away food that they churning out, but this left restaurant diners waiting an unacceptable time. Would not go there again unless dragged kicking and screaming!

11  Thank GordonV1964
In Touch R, Manager at In Touch, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

There is no difference between this review and the one above, the contents are from the same source.

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Excellent Indian restaurant. Great menu and good staff.

Food is excellent and BYOB makes it an affordable treat. Will be back again definitely. The food was excellent from starter through to naan.

If in Edinburgh this is the best Indian restaurant in the city bar none.