“2 weeks of super service!”
Review of Culane House Hotel

Culane House Hotel
Ranked #143 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My husband and I (in our seventies) stayed at the Culane House Hotel recently and were delighted with the friendly and very attentive service we got. Kenny and Sunita were particularly good - seeing to our every need. The hotel is right on the bus line (stops outside the front door) with a lovely large park across the street. There are shops within walking distance and some good restaurants as well. We were assisted in finding a fabulous seafood restaurant (with 3 venues) called Fishers - we went 3 times and the food was wonderful, a hairdresser, a laundromat and all kinds of other needed directions. We were originally in the top floor king-sized room but were later moved to a room on a lower floor as we were having a bit of trouble on the two long flights of stairs. Breakfasts were wonderful - varied selections of cooked and non-cooked selections - yogurt, dry cereal, toast, juice, fruit, etc. as well as anything you wished to have cooked. Rooms were clean, bright and had tea and coffee supplies. All in all, a terrific place to stay and we'd go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: As it's an old building and doesn't have an elevator - if you have mobility problems ask for...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danae P

Reviewed 13 October 2013

Just back from 2 nights at Culane House Hotel where we stayed for my sons wedding. Rooms were beautiful and clean. The double rooms are not big but have everything you need. Room 8 on the top floor is huge with an amazing bathroom. Breakfast was good with a decent choice. Only (very slight) negative was the wifi- connection was not great.
We were made very welcome. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 8- twin room. On top floor so not suitable if you can't manage the stairs. Huge room and ba...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I travelled from Switzerland and stayed here last weekend to celebrate our anniversary.We were very happy with our room & the staff very helpful in giving advice about restaurants etc. We will definitely be coming back as there is so much to see in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I was very much looking forward to stay with my child (3) in Ediburgh for one night on the way home.
After several hours journey we got there and despite ringing the bell three times nobody answered the door - I started getting worried. Finally somebody came and said they didn't hear the bell...fair enough...
We got taken in the almost basement and despite asking for a cot bed there was none (admitidely this could be a mistake on behalf of my work place but don't think so... Nevertheless they brought a cot is a room where most furniture had to be shifted and had to squeeze to pass. The cot had no mattress, one double duvet should have served for both mattress and duvet!! I didn't was my child to sleep there so I had to share the already small double bed with worry that my child would fall off!
In the room there was no mobile signal neither wifi!!!! (at any point despite one member of staff said it may depend on how many people were using internet).
The towles smelled of something used! So much so that I refused to use them and used instead our clothes to dry! The room too didn't smell too nice either and the carpet too could do with a change or a thorough clean!
The morning after breakfast was average too - with raw hash brown !

The the first sight both room and bathroom looked decent! but certainly not suitable for an adult with a child!
I didn't ask to change room only because staff were polite and tried to be helpful at all times and felt terrible for them but certainly not what you expect after paying just few pound short of £100!
Finally they didn't even know that this was already paid by my work! and they asked me for my credit card...I had to insist that they should check their record, which they did and it was fine!

Room Tip: I am not sure if my comments apply to all room, we were in room 9.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank D G
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed with my dad and brother in their family room - rare to find a room with 3 single beds which was perfect for our stay. Location was great as we could park on the road for free directly outside the hotel, and jump on the bus as the stop is right on the hotels doorstep (this was very cost effective). The staff came out tops - professional, helpful, efficient and just generally really nice people. Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Beelzebub104
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We loved Everything here during our 4 night stay! The staff could not have been any nicer, the location was ideal, and the rooms were fantastic! Breakfast was made to order for the hot items and lots of pastries and cereals were out to get you started. Was a fantastic place to stay and I highly recommend this place - Kenny and staff will take good care of you!

Room Tip: Ours was on the top floor but from what all the guests were saying you really can not go wrong with...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for three nights last autumn. We drove from Sheffield so needed somewhere with parking. Although no car park there is plenty of free on street parking right outside. The room was a lovely family room at the top of the hotel with only one neighbour so was lovely and quiet but up two flights of stairs! Room was beautifuly decorated and excellent facilities. Breakfast was excellent and plenty of choice. The staff could not do enough for you, especially Kenny who never seemed to sleep and was always available to answer any queries you might have. Good location as easily accessible by car without having to go into the centre of Edinburgh and there is a bus stop right outside with regular buses into Edinburgh.

A lovely place to stay and would definitely stay again and have already recommended to others.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family