Culane House Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Twenty(Edinburgh)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsleith linkscity centreb bfree on street parkingtop floorhair straightenersfree standing bathipod docking stationbus stopironing boardstayed for two nightsnice bathroomfull scottishcomfortable stayfirst morningdouble bedcouple of nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My Girlfriend and I spent afew days in the B&B and we can both honestly say that we felt so welcome by the amazing staff. We arrived early (8am) to the B&B and were greeted by a friendly gentleman (Kenny) who showed us to our room. After we had settled in our room we asked if he could suggest any places for breakfast as we were hungry and cold, and Kenny being a absolute gentleman,offered to make us some breakfast even though it was after breakfast time. I cannot say enough good things about the staff of the B&B,they were amazing and really helped to make your stay a great experience,which it was :)

The rooms were clean and very comfortable.

Will highly recommend this place to all my friends who are travelling to Edinburgh and will be back for sure. Thanks again for having us :)

Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for a couple of nights mid week last month. Location is ideal, we wanted to be in the city but in a b&b, which doesn't appear to be an option so with this being on the bus route it's the next best thing. Rooms were nicely decorated but a little tired/sloppy round the edges. The service was very good, the young guy who was working there for the whole of our stay really went the extra mile to help us with advice on buses/maps&directions, even looking some things up online for us. He was also very accommodating getting our room ready early and despite an error (my fault!) with the booking. Cooked breakfast was English and pretty average although the continental buffet on offer alongside it was extensive. What did seem a little odd was that the young guy was having to kip on the breakfast room floor of an evening to be on call to open the front door for guests, as the outer door was locked (guests only had a porch door key) later into the evening. He could've been happy with that for all I know as he certainly didn't complain (we noticed the blanket as we went up to our room) but it's certainly the first time I've come across something like that in a b&b. All in all, average priced for what I could find, and average b&b with good service.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We received a very warm welcome when we arrived at culane house. The room was beautiful, spacious and very clean. The location is good, there are lots of nice restaurants nearby and the city centre is a 10-15minute bus ride away. The breakfast was a very good standard. The service was fantastic! Very friendly and helpful staff. I left a top in the wardrobe and rung the hotel to ask if I could arrange to send a pre-paid envelope, they said they would let me know, and a few days later my top arrived at my house with no charge! I am very grateful for them doing this! I would highly recommend culane house hotel to anyone looking for great value accommodation in edinburgh!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights here as a birthday treat for my partner.On arrival there was a box of chocs and throughout our stay staff went out of their way to be helpful.Breakfast was whatever you wished for, continental or full cooked.Buses were frequent and the day ticket for£3.50 is excellent value.It is close enough to get into the city but far enough out to not feel enveloped within the city.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms were larger than the ground floor.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We stayed here with our daughter and son in law which they had booked in advance for Edinburgh Play House 'Lion King'. A nice clean and tastefully done small Hotel. Perfect for walking into Edinburgh if you like walking, Two busses no 12 and 25 stop right outside the Hotel and take you into Edinburgh centre. I think it was 3 quid for two people though we were advised by the helpful staff that a day pass is more economical if you want to use the bus more than once. The rooms were nice and clean, Plenty of towels, Shower gel ect. Just what you would expect to see from an owner who's attention to detail is right on the money. Breakfast was very good, A full Scottish or Continental, Very nicely laid out buffet style, Nice coffee to tame the old hang over. The staff were very attentive and freindly. We will stay here again when we decide to have a long weekend in Edinburgh,

1  Thank 565Michalis