“Best Vacation, Ever!”

Mini Day Tours Scotland
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience a truly unique private guided driver tour of Scotland with popular local Scottish tour guide, Craig McCall Flynn BA(Hons). Personal Scottish tours from 1 to 30 days for singles, couples, families or groups up to 8 people.Let me show you the real Scotland from the back roads, avoiding the bus tour hoards and tourist traps. Discover the historic castles, colourful history, breath-taking scenery and hidden gems that make Scotland one of the most amazing places in the world! With more than 30 years experience of exploring Scotland, England, Wales and Ireland I look forward to sharing with you these beautiful countries, their history and culture based on your requirements.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I returned home a week ago from touring beautiful Scotland with Craig. About a year ago, I spend hours researching private guides, and after reading his reviews on this board (Thank you!), we contacted him. Craig answered our emails promptly. He is very well organised and knowledgeable. Craig narratives are fluid, at times making references to information previously shared, painting a perfect tableau. Most of all, he is one great person!

Craig took our must do (Rosslyn Chapel, Argyll region, history, off the beaten path/make us discover your country), added surprises and made us fall in love with the people, the history and the scenery. We rate this vacation the best out of ten visited countries, mainly due to Craig’s mastery and passion! When we visit more of the UK and Ireland, he will be our guide.

3  Thank voirglobe
"princess cruise"
"courteous driver"
"comfortable van"
in 3 reviews
"wonderful sense of humor"
"great itinerary"
"scottish country"
"hidden gems"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We spent the day with Craig on a one day tour to Linlithgow Palace, Stirling Castle, Glen Eagles Golf Club (home of the upcoming 2014 Ryder Cup) and saw some of Edinburgh's highlights on the way out of and back into town. He is exceptionally knowledgeable, personable and very friendly which made for a memorable day for our family of six. He has a deep understanding of the history of Scotland and where to find some of the less well known beautiful spots. We highly recommend him but you do need to book weeks or months in advance as he is highly sought after by tourists from around the globe!

1  Thank newyorkerCanada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently hired Craig for a tour and I am glad I did. I gave him general ideas of things I would like to see, and I saw all of them and more. He had a few surprise places to visit too that were excellent. Craig knows his history and the area so he can give you lots of information and local color during your trip. The schedule was great - packed with things to do but plenty of time to really see each site without being rushed. The mini bus was comfortable and clean, and Craig is a pro. I will definitely use Mini Day Tours of Scotland for future visits to the UK.

3  Thank cmattau90
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My boyfriend and I toured Scotland with Craig in the beginning of June. He picked us up at our hotel, collected our bags, and drove us to tons of castles, beautiful scenery, and delicious restaurants. Craig is extremely knowledgeable, funny, friendly, and just an all around great person. I couldn't have asked for a better tour guide. If you're going to Scotland, I highly recommend touring with Craig for at least part of your trip, if not all.

2  Thank Emily K