“Stunningly beautiful lunch”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Description: Castle Terrace Restaurant is all about representing the finest produce in Scotland. The award-winning restaurant, which was completely refurbished in the beginning of 2016, showcases Chef Patron Dominic Jack's many years of training in some of France's top kitchens. His skills, passion and attention to detail is truly reflected in his innovative and modern menu.
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Food which looks stunning and tastes delicious. We went for the set lunch with matching wines. The asparagus mille-feuille was so pretty it seemed a waste to eat it - but it was delicious. My companion had the wild sea trout ravioli- equally pretty and yummy. But the desert was the winner - how perfect does it look - and was simply perfect. Definitely great value for money as well as being a feast for the eyes and tastebuds

1  Thank 259christinew
Write a ReviewReviews (2,441)

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

After 5 days of scotch tastings and pub food, my other gastronomically adventurous friend and I split from the group upon arriving in Edinburgh. I had previously done my research and Castle Terrace did not disappoint.

Incredible drink selection. The bartender made a wonderful boulevardier and the sommelier was helpful with the wine list.

Slightly unconventional pairings bordering on molecular gastronomy. I hate taking pictures of food but had to include the “burger” of chick peas buns and turnip cheese. It was an amazing bite.

We did the tasting menu, it was opulent and expensive, and worth every penny.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I decided to have the tasting menu, his with the paired wines and mine with a stunning wild sauvignon blanc which is my favourite wine which is rarely available (the wine list was splendid).

Everything was incredible, impeccably presented, subtle tastes, and inventively prepared. The service was attentive and very welcome and in no way but intrusive. Polina, in particular, was a delight. We loved the decor and ambiance. It was my birthday, which they picked up, and brought me a cake, with (thankfully only one!) candle. They made us feel very special.

It’s not cheap but so worth it. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

25th wedding anniversary meal and it didn’t disappoint.

On arrival you wait in the bar area while reading the menus and have the opportunity to order cocktails and have some delightfully prepared appetisers.

We went for the set menu but there is a taster menu as well.

The deer pate starter was delicious. My wife then had a lovely glass of rose champagne recommended by the sommelier from a very extensive wine list.

Mains were a plate of pork cuts and cod with Wye valley asparagus. Both went down very easily as they were so tasty.

Desert of apple tart, cooked to order, and strawberry panacotta with Victoria sponge were equally delicious.

All in all, a very nice evening that will be remembered for a long time.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Had a fantastic 8 course dinner from the surprise tasting menu. Some amazing taste experiences in great sized portions leaving me not too full but very satisfied. My favourites were the scallop with curry sauce and a burger which wasn’t a burger. Service was great and they explained every dish when it arrived at the table. Only negative was the cost of wine, some great choices but all very expensive.