“Wonderful! Afternoon Tea as it should be”
Review of cuthberts - CLOSED

cuthberts
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Newly open coffee and sandwich bar serving fabulous coffee,lunches and traditional afternoon teas.Mixed urban clientele in the centre of the financial district of Edinburgh
scot
“Wonderful! Afternoon Tea as it should be”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Had a very pleasant afternoon tea in a very comfortable and extremely friendly enviroment, finger sandwiches with various tasty fillings, delicious fresh scones with cream, butter and jam, cute cupcakes, traybake and millioniare shortcake, too much to consume to be honest, couldn't eat it all, well worth the £8 deal, staff very attentive and informative, only gripe was that tha coffee could have been bit stronger but thats a personal preference, would certainly recommend and return again

Edinburgh
“Shocking”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I booked afternoon tea for my partner and I through a deal from itison. We were looking forward to having a chilled out afternoon with some lovely fresh cakes and sandwiches only to be completely shocked at what we received. What we were served was laughable and I have to say I was embarrassed that the waiting staff had the nerve to serve it to us. The sandwiches consisted of 5 tiny thin finger length portions (not even 1 full piece of bread) for the 2 of us. The cakes served were 2 pieces of shortbread, which clearly had been cut from 1 piece into 2 pieces. The scones were about the size of a 50p piece and were dry, inedible and tasteless, these were served with squirting cream from a can....classy. The last cake was a cupcake, which to be fair was ok but maybe that's because the rest of what we were served was so horrid. To top the whole experience off my partner asked for a latte instead of an Americano to be told that this was not included in the price and we would have to pay for that separately....the difference was 10p but were charged the full £2.45. Never ever again it was shocking!!!

If you are looking for an afternoon tea experience Eteaket is the place to go, amazing food and lovely staff.

3 Thank Jo-Graeme
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“What a disappointment!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Have reveiwed this cafe before and had a great time. This time Sandwiches were hard, hardly any filling and no choice given of bread. Cup cakes were awful and we were given 1 other traybake. our scones were tiny and hard, cream was horrible. I asked for more traybake and i other orange thing appeared and 4 tiny pieces of millionaires shortbread. These were also hard. The only good thing was the coffe and tea - no issues there! Having been before I was looking forward to a lovely afternoon tea, after this visit it has put me off and I will not be going back. Very very disappointed and not worth the money.

2 Thank P L
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Awful!”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Went here last weekend for lunch and was very disappointed. Not a good start when cutlery is dirty! Food was appalling, eggs on toast came with bread that hadn't been toasted, so had to send back. My french toast with bacon was drowned in a sea of maple syrup and not edible at all. Tea was also disgusting and service not up to much either. Save your money and give this place a miss or go next door to Loudon's for a much better all round experience.

2 Thank G0ldie1
“Awful”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Bought a voucher for afternoon tea. After being told that the place was fully booked on four separate occasions when I phoned to book a table I finally managed to book a table on a Tuesday afternoon. Despite originally being told this day was also fully booked and only getting to book after saying the voucher was about to run out we arrived to a near empty coffee shop!! The service was awful and we waited at least 30 mins b4 being served. When afternoon tea did arrive it was pathetic! Sandwiches were each about 1/8th the size of a slice of bread - you get 2 each!! Macaroons were replaced by tiny piece of fruit cake. No way was this worth the £8 I paid for the voucher never mind the advertised price of £20. Will not be going back to this coffee shop.

2 Thank Eskimo555