“Christine and Majestic Tours”

Edinburgh Bus Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
US$29.93*
and up
Edinburgh Bus and Boat Tour Including Forth...
Ranked #58 of 232 Tours in Edinburgh
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hop on - hop off and discover the best of Scotland’s Capital with Edinburgh Bus Tours. Enjoy unbeatable views and an incredible experience on board our five star tours. Explore sights including Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyroodhouse and The Royal Yacht Britannia. Choose from multi-lingual commentary available in up to 10 different languages or let a specially trained English speaking guide tell you about their city. Hop on - hop off tickets valid for 24 hours give you total flexibility to explore. Make a day of it and save money with our Grand and Royal tickets. Grand tickets give you access to all city tours for 24 or 48 hours. The Royal Edinburgh Ticket includes a Grand 48 ticket, plus admission to Edinburgh Castle, Palace of Holyroodhouse and Royal Yacht Britannia saving you over 20%. We operate every day of the year, except 25 December
Reviewed 15 May 2014

If there is one thing you musn't miss its a live guided bus tour around Edinburgh. Me and my friend Peter from Copenhagen had a fantastic hour around Edinburgh on Majestic tours with Christine, our guide, with a wonderful Scottish sense of humour. I dread pre-recorded tours, there is nothing that I cannot find in a guide book that would make me plug my ears with an hour of blocking out the natural sounds along with the sights of a city trip. Plus feeling the joy of interacting with real people. Hats off Christine you made our Edinburgh tour come alive.

1  Thank Sid G
ElaineEBT, Sales Manager at Edinburgh Bus Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Sid G

Thank you for your fantastic review of our Edinburgh Tour and especially for Tour Guide Christine, she will be delighted at the special mention. I love how she brought the tour alive for you, a great compliment.

Note our Majestic Route does have pre recorded multi lingual commentary so I am assuming it was our Edinburgh Tour, MacTour or Edinburgh World Heritage Tour you hopped on. I understand your comments about tours with headphones but we have many non English speaking visitors to Edinburgh so have two tours with a choice of commentaries.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your lovely comments here.

Elaine

Write a ReviewReviews (2,305)
All reviews
"top deck"
in 48 reviews
"day pass"
in 25 reviews
"the royal yacht britannia"
in 63 reviews
"botanical gardens"
in 29 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

we got the 48 hrs ticket and went on all the tours. the guides have great knowledge and love to share it - the enthusiasm is infectious :) also i think it's great value and you get around edinburgh and find out about the history, but next time we'll be adventurous and try to find our way around by public transport.

Martina T

Thank you so much for your 5 star review of our GRAND48 ticket. I'm delighted that you loved our Tour Guides and found the ticket offered excellent value for money.

I really appreciate you recommending it so highly here.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We bought the 48 hour ticket and made full use of it taking 3 different tours. Enjoyed them all. They were very interesting and the guides were superb. They were entertaining and very informative. I have visited Edinburgh many times before but I managed to learn lots of new facts. Well worth the money.

Pauline L

Thank you for your comments about out Grand Ticket. I'm delighted that you learned lots about our beautiful city and rated our Guides so highly.

It's also good to hear that you thought our tickets offered excellent value for money, thanks for sharing that here.

With best wishes

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Totally recommend that you get this ticket to see Edinburgh. Very knowledgeable tour guides ( Christine
On Heritage bus was fab!), and saves money on all 5 tours and 3 attractions. The Castle, Britannia and Holyrood House. You need the 2 day's this cover's. Well done to all involved.

1  Thank Shaun S

Shaun S

Thank you for recommending our Royal Edinburgh Ticket so highly here. I'm glad you found it the best way to explore Edinburgh and our top Royal Attractions.

Christine will be delighted at her special mention and I'm delighted that you particularly enjoyed our longest tour, The Edinburgh World Heritage Tour.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review here, it really is appreciated.

With best wishes

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is the best bus tour we have ever been on. The guide was clearly loving his job and able to tell very interesting tales as we toured. Would have loved to have chatted to him afterwards and asked loads of questions. Will definitely do it again on our next visit. Unfortunately there was a party of very loud mouthed Americans on board who despite the guide asking them to 'moderate their voices' continued to disrupt the tour. I moved to the back of the bus so I couldn't hear them.If you are only in Edinb for one day, this is an ESSENTIAL attraction for a brilliant overall view of the city. Also vg value.Buy the ticket as soon as you arrive and then use it throughout your stay.

Satellina

Thank you so much for recommending our city tours here as an essential part of a visit to Edinburgh.

It sounds like you really enjoyed exploring Edinburgh with us. Thank you for rating our Guide so highly too.

I am sorry you had some noisy visitors on board and hope they did not spoil your enjoyment of our tours.