“Deliscious food, great variety of dietary options, good value”
Review of Indaba

Indaba
Ranked #65 of 2,774 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$13 - US$40
Cuisines: African, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: An unpretentious Tapas restaurant serving Tapas From Spain and South Africa. Yes, this is casual dining. No Under 5's.
Reviewed 23 November 2017

I have lived nearby to this restaurant for a few years, but never thought about going inside until I was looking on this site for somewhere to eat. The other good reviews drew me in, and I was not disappointed!
My (coeliac) partner and I enjoyed a lovely dinner here. Finding restaurants with good gluten-free options is often tricky, but this restaurant made it very easy - the menu was well marked, and about 70-80% of it was gluten free. They even had complimentary GF bread! The food itself was delicious - some of the best tapas we'd eaten outside of Spain. The calamares were my favourite, but my partner preferred the tortilla. We both agreed that the GF Pistachio cheesecake we shared for desert was the outstanding highlight of the meal though!
The staff were friendly, attentive (but not annoyingly so), and more than happy to make small adjustments to cater to my partner's allergy. The atmosphere was low-key and not too fancy - but this just reinforced the sense of authentic food. Total bill for 2 people sharing 6 plates (plus one beer) was just over £40 - well worth the money! We'll definitely be coming back.

2  Thank lootch42

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

First time last night and I'll be back, it was really tasty home cooked tapas. Great service and reasonable price.

1  Thank JKDO23
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Was at Indaba again last night: the most recent of many, many visits over the past few years... The food was excellent (the albondigas being a particular highlight last night, but all the tapas are very good). The menu is particularly good for gluten-free and vegetarian options. The range of wines is very well chosen, and we enjoyed the bottle we chose. Service was efficient without being intrusive. As usual, an excellent start to an evening in Edinburgh.

1  Thank Iain M
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

First visit, recommend by a friend. Portions really big , drinks and dishes reasonably priced, definitely be back.

1  Thank capitalkid186525
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Popped in for dinner before a visit to the King's - liked the idea of Tapas with an African and South American. Simply delicious food, had 5 dishes and bottle of wine between us. Will go for 4 next time - the meatballs are huge! Great service and chilled atmosphere. We'll be back.

2  Thank Kal O