Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel
Ranked #67 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location in Edinburgh, close for walking to most attractions. We had our dog with us and they put us in a back facing room which was cooler for the dog. Nice touch. Room was pretty spacious, had everything we needed for an overnight stay. Was also very clean

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are cooler
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Edinburgh Central Waterloo Place Hotel

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very good Travelodge, we have also stayed at the one on Princes Street and think that this one is better. We had a family room on the lower ground and room was cool and very clean and spacious enough for a family. The room had no view but this was fine as it meant it was quieter at night as not facing the main Street. Hotel very convenient for the city and close to Carlton hill for a lovely walk and views over the city. Upon arrival we were given keys for the wrong room which could of been very embarrassing if people were in there...... Would be convenient if Travelodge had hair dryers in the rooms rather than having to ask at reception, they'd all been taken and the receptionist kindly brought one up to the room for me when one became available. The day before we checked out I asked the receptionist if I could leave my suitcase there on checkout as our train wasn't until 2.50pm, she said I could. We checked out at 12 and was told by a different receptionist that the room was full so couldn't take my suitcase, I was very annoyed at this as I had been told I could,
I had 2 young children with me, it should be made clearer that it's only a small room and it's first come first served basis...... I was not happy!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stayed as a single on a weekend with a friend. We had two separate rooms and both were of a similar standard - clean, comfortable, unspectacular.

The location is great - two mins walk from a direct tram stop from the airport, a couple of minutes walk from the Princes Street, 3 mins from Waverley Station and, maybe, 15 minutes from the Castle.

No breakfast room on site so we visited the City Restaurant for a fabulous breakfast - 10 minutes walk.

Room Tip: Try to avoid Lower Ground floors if you want a view of anything other than brick walls and scaffoldi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This travel lodge is central to princess street ,castle & theatres. Checking in is easy, staff are helpfull & polite. There is lifts. The rooms are lovely,KS bed, eh suite, tea making facilities. Very clean & comfortable. Also 30 minutes free wi fi

Room Tip: Comfy KS beds spotlessly clean.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great location - a short walk from train station and medium walk to tourist sites. Easy walk to catch tram to airport. No air conditioning so room was a little warm but cooled off during the night with window open.Good value for comfortable, convenient, no frills lodging.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Very clean room. A bit stuffy not a lot of air flow. Great location and Neil on recpection was very helpful telling us places to go and best way to get round.we had a room at the back so it was quiet. would reccomemed to stay at this hotel. For the price its grest value.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This was the only place available at short notice, and one of the most basic Travelodges that I've ever encountered. There only ever seemed to one member of staff around, with a pager button on the reception desk to summon them if they were busy elsewhere (which they ususally were). When I reported a faulty light in my room, I was told that no-one was available to fix it, and that I should move to a different room instead. I declined, having just unpacked; the light was fixed two days later.....
An important note is that there is no restaurant or bar on site. Breakfast can be pre-ordered the night before, and should be waiting for you in a little paper bag in the morning.
There is no air conditioning in this hotel; probably not a great issue most of the year, but in those few hot weeks of summer this made for a very uncomfortable night's sleep.
On the plus side, it is very competitively priced, and in a great location for exploring central Edinburgh.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business