“The best sandwiches but pricey”
Review of Henri's of Edinburgh - CLOSED

Henri's of Edinburgh
Cuisines: Deli, French
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This little deli has a fantastic selection of cheeses, charcuterie, wonderful bread and pastries.
I've often had a coffee and croissant in the morning but never a sandwich .
Hubby and I thought we'd treat ourselves ,only to be told " we have no bread !"
I pointed out to the assistant that there were still some loaves in the baskets why couldn't she use those !!!
Anyhow we picked the Basque and the Pyrenean . They were absolutely delicious.
Went home with the apricot chutney and the chilli jam so we could make them at home !!!!
Just for your information there is limited outside seating and no loo !!!!
We had to walk along to the public toilets near "the Canny Man" pub!!!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Some great French cheese and meats, a real taste of holidays in France, but back near home.
The menu looks like it changes very often and is typically seasonal.
If I have a grumble, I asked for something very specific from the waitress and got nearly the thing I asked for- which I queried and was told it was correct. It wasn't though and I am now having an allergic reaction- don't let it put you off, but be warned.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

For £2 I got a half full 12 oz latte with only 1 shot - the deli is good but won't be rushing back as you can get fantastic double shot lattes in the area.

1  Thank nikkigodley
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This place has great bread and deli counter as well as general french food and drinks you can't find elsewhere in Edinburgh. The service is great - my son always blags a free something or other from the deli staff!

Reviewed 2 May 2013

These guys are great. No-nonsense French food at its best. From the rich dark brown bloomer rolls to the wonderful Mediterranean produce and Chamonix beers it's all the best of rural France. Sit in or take-away.