“Great food”

Guchhi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #545 of 2,609 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Situated in Fountainbridge, Guchhi India is a family-orientated restaurant which serves authentic Indian food from 12am to 3am seven days a week. We pride ourselves on the superior quality of our freshly prepared dishes which draw inspiration from all around the world. We want everyone to experience Guchhi's varied tapas and a la carte menus, which is why we have deals from £6.95 to £20.00 and cater to all dietary requirements. We also have a kids menu, provide catering and host group events including cookery classes.
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Instead of ordering two mains we selected from their tapas range and got four tapas with nan bread. The waiter help us to select 4 complimentary tapas which all tasted good. They were all friendly, welcomed us as we entered and wished us good night as we left. The only down side for me was that I found the decor rather stark.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived very late on Saturday evening and enjoyed a very good meal at Gucchi. The Goan Mussels were out of this world, I'd be confident to say the best I've ever had. Great service, very attentive and quick and very reasonable prices.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Edinburgh late in the evening after a 10 hour journey and this was the only place open so we took a chance but couldn't have been more pleased. Lovely food, really friendly service and a great deal with Taste Card (even on a Saturday night).

Reviewed 27 February 2014

I've now been to Guchhi on 4 occasions. The fist time was for a curry cooking lesson - which was fantastic, and highly recommended - and the next three times for meals with friends. All three times I have gone for the tapas selection.

The tapas dishes are surprisingly filling, and the having had the madras a couple of times I can say that it packs a punch! The chicken and vegetable pakoras are amazing, as are the breads. Nice, light and cooked to perfection.

The service is always good. The staff are friendly and welcoming and always happy to give advice on what to eat and give recommendations.

They specialise in seafood, which is unfortunate for me as I don't eat seafood at all, however I have been told that it is fantastic.

Now the only bad thing. The gents toilet (not sure about the ladies) could do with a makeover as it's not the best.

Overall, it's a great experience and one that I recommend. So much so, that I'm going again this weekend!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Used a Groupon voucher, excellent service and tasty food. The shellfish stew starter was superb. Pretty quiet but made to feel very welcome.