“Good little stop off point.”

Guchhi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #407 of 2,555 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Situated in Fountainbridge, Guchhi India is a family-orientated restaurant which serves authentic Indian food from 12am to 3am seven days a week. We pride ourselves on the superior quality of our freshly prepared dishes which draw inspiration from all around the world. We want everyone to experience Guchhi's varied tapas and a la carte menus, which is why we have deals from £6.95 to £20.00 and cater to all dietary requirements. We also have a kids menu, provide catering and host group events including cookery classes.
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Given the location this should be a thriving little place, close to the main action and pubs in downtown Leith, but it just fails to make the mark. Attractive decor and a bright sunny spot does not make up for a poor cleaning routine. The hoover needs to be pushed around a little more often and sending the cleaner into the toilets once a day then not checking up on them is not really good enough. Having said that the food was tidy and well cooked. Not the best Pesweri Nans I have ever had, but far from the worst, could have done with a little more almond in the mixture. The lamb however was melt in your mouth. I would recommend the early evening deals, no queuing and no pressure on the staff.

There are newer reviews for Guchhi Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I had a voucher for Guchhi which was to cover 8 tapas and cocktails for 4, which I thought was a pretty good deal. What we got was even better. We were able to choose a starter and main each. The food was wonderful. Each curry had distinctive and individual spicing and texture. So much more than I was expecting. Service was great as well. I've passed Guchhi lots of times on my way to other restaurants in the area ( of which there are lots and lots) and made mental notes to go in but never. So glad I finally visited. Will be back.

1  Thank FrancesEdinburgh
Reviewed 13 April 2014

5 of us went last night for dinner. We paid £16pp for an all you can eat. Basically could order as much as we wanted from the whole tapas menu. We ordered a selection of starters to begin with, then got a few more once we had finished those. All delicious, especially the mussels. Then ordered a selection from the mains and also the curries, each dish was fantastic and real good flavours. Maybe a little more meat in each of the curries as was hard to share between the group when everyone wanted to try that particular curry. Sides such as rice and breads were extra. Still great value at around £27 per head including drinks and the sides. Staff all brilliant and explained each dish. Decor nice and open plan. Will definately return.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Instead of ordering two mains we selected from their tapas range and got four tapas with nan bread. The waiter help us to select 4 complimentary tapas which all tasted good. They were all friendly, welcomed us as we entered and wished us good night as we left. The only down side for me was that I found the decor rather stark.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We arrived very late on Saturday evening and enjoyed a very good meal at Gucchi. The Goan Mussels were out of this world, I'd be confident to say the best I've ever had. Great service, very attentive and quick and very reasonable prices.