“Exellent food”

Guchhi Indian Restaurant
Ranked #473 of 2,597 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Description: Situated in Fountainbridge, Guchhi India is a family-orientated restaurant which serves authentic Indian food from 12am to 3am seven days a week. We pride ourselves on the superior quality of our freshly prepared dishes which draw inspiration from all around the world. We want everyone to experience Guchhi's varied tapas and a la carte menus, which is why we have deals from £6.95 to £20.00 and cater to all dietary requirements. We also have a kids menu, provide catering and host group events including cookery classes.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Today im going to gucchi restro nice service and exellent tandoori food my wife like sefood and tandoori king prawn nice chicken achari and tanddori chicken and tandoori naan very im seggest every body going to gucchi and try seafood and tandoori food

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Scallops tiny and cold, king prawns mushy and freezing! Couldn't believe it - I never leave a king prawn! Curries and rice obviously bought it - I am indian and eat indian food every day, I know what I am on about.

Couldn't be bothered complaining, felt defeated by the food so just paid and left - thankfully it was a lunch deal.

Service was good.

When this restaurant first opened, it seemed somewhat inspired and a real labour of love. Maybe it has changed management or something.

Urgh.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Time and again this place churns out wonderful seafood, flavoursome curries and great service. Just lovely to see British fish such as Coley and Haddock being used rather then imported farmed fish from the Far East and they give it the send off it deserves. Leith has many fine restaurants and this punches above its weight in a pedigree field. Go - try some and while fish is their speciality, a lot of the classics can be found too.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was here with my girlfriend during our weekend away in Edinburgh and bought a very good deal through Groupon.
The food was excellent and we ordered more "tapas" than what the voucher included which we paid extra for.
I love both spicy Indian food and seafood, hence, the place was like a culinary heaven for me. Something that I have never tried before.
The service was excellent with the lads coming and checking out often and answering any questions about the food. The girl who came with the food seemed to be new and wasn't very confident in serving the food and dropped the cutlery a couple times - but this happens :)
I would go back to this place when I am back in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Given the location this should be a thriving little place, close to the main action and pubs in downtown Leith, but it just fails to make the mark. Attractive decor and a bright sunny spot does not make up for a poor cleaning routine. The hoover needs to be pushed around a little more often and sending the cleaner into the toilets once a day then not checking up on them is not really good enough. Having said that the food was tidy and well cooked. Not the best Pesweri Nans I have ever had, but far from the worst, could have done with a little more almond in the mixture. The lamb however was melt in your mouth. I would recommend the early evening deals, no queuing and no pressure on the staff.