“Cozy Comfort and Excellent Hospitality” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of No. 16 Learmonth Terrace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
No. 16 Learmonth Terrace
Ranked #171 of 445 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Collegeville, PA
“Cozy Comfort and Excellent Hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2012

My husband and I spent 4 days with Peter and Joon in late October and could not be happier with our choice! The room was large with a beautiful window in the corner and tastefully decorated. We thoroughly enjoyed our homemade breakfast each morning, which was accompanied with great conversation and laughter. As we were on our honeymoon, we definately appreciated the little extras (amazing fudge, shortbread, robe, slippers, etc! ) We felt very much like we were visiting old friends! We loved that we received our own key and could come and go as we please.
Although we stayed in many different cities and hotels during our honeymoon, we will always remember our stay with Joon and Peter! We look forward in the coming years to returning and seeing our old friends again!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Strasbourg, Alsace, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

We chose Joon’s home from TripAdvisor and have to agree with all that’s been written before. We received a warm greeting from Joon who offered us tea/coffee while showing us our bedroom. The room is large with high ceilings and very tastefully decorated with a comfortable bed. We appreciated all the little extras offered; decanter of whisky, shortbread, Joon’s own choc rock and tablet – so many things. There was a large sofa plus laptop and fridge. Robes and slippers are provided and the bathroom is amazing with luxury soap (with nettles!), heated towel rail and jazuzzi. We loved having our own entrance with its corridor full of quirky pictures. Joon’s breakfasts were amazing with an emphasis on homemade jams and lots of fruit. She offered a breakfast menu the night before but as we stayed for 5 nights she would offer different things for us to try – haggis, smoked fish, little tarts. The real coffee was a hit first thing in the morning. Nothing was too much trouble with Joon advising on restaurants and where to find Scottish music. We loved being in Edinburgh during the Festival and are very glad we chose No 16 as our base – it was very central so we could walk easily and it was just like home – on a good day! We will definitely return to visit Joon – hopefully soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

We stayed with Joon and Peter for 5 nights and we couldn't have wished for a better start to our 6 week trip around UK and Ireland. They were wonderful hosts who made a real effort to look after us, even to the extent of the special celebratory breakfast for my husband's birthday. What a treat that was for him!
I would book in with them again without hesitation.
They set the bar very high in terms of standard of accommodation, sumptuous breakfasts and local knowledge that helped enhance our Edinburgh experience. Even though we had other good accommodation during our journey, we particularly remember them as a great couple who really think about what would make their guests' stay comfortable and memorable.
Thanks Joon and Peter.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank petfr
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

My boyfriend and I have just spent a wonderful week-end at N°16 Learmonth Terrace. This is by far the best guest house we've stayed at and this is all thanks to Joon and Peter's warm welcome! As soon as we met them, we felt at home. Everything had been thought carefully from the bedroom's arrangement, the extra facilities (like providing bathrobes and slippers, fruits and delicious fudge!!!) to the exquisite breakfast table. I particulary enjoyed chatting with Joon over a cup of tea, this made our stay even more special. Joon and Peter are fantastic and entertaining hosts, you won't regret it!

Amersfoort, Utrecht, Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

Having read the previous reviews my expectations were high. Amazingly Joon was able to meet all of them with ease. Simply stop looking and call or email Joon to see if the private room is available and she is able to keep up the high standards.

Hopefully my travel brings me back to Edinburgh soon, so I can get spoiled again.
Be warned: you might not want to leave again!

Room Tip: There's only one room, so hopefully it's available for you.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Corona, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

This little piece of Edinburgh Heaven was just what we needed.
The home is lovely, filled with very interesting art and beautiful attention to detail.

It is very easy to walk to all the historical parts of the "olde" city even in the rain.

Our hosts, Peter and Joon have thought of EVERYTHING. Not only were there always a fine array of teas, coffees, cocoas, whisky, water AND incredibly delicious homemade munchies, in the guest room....There is also plenty of storage and comfort and beautiful white linens in the large room. The room also provides a good wifi connnection, television, laptop computer, great hair dryer and straightener as well as umbrellas and rain ponchos. I just loved the lavendar sachet on my pillow each night.

There is a fully stocked, large, pristine private bathroom which included items I didn't even think I might need, including shampoos, conditioners, soaps, makeup remover pads, q-tips, moisturizers, ibuprofen, loads of fluffy towels, etc, etc. The jacuzzi was just so relaxing after a long day of traveling and the shower was powerful with plenty of hot water.

The breakfasts.........Can't possibly say enough great things about the food experience. Everything was terrific....Joon has a long list of available goodies to choose from...whatever and how much we wanted, including custom cappuccinos, Joon provided. She is a talented chef and a wonderful storyteller.
In the past, when staying at a B & B, we hardly ever "visit" with the innkeepers, and always found this to be just fine, but this time, one of the best parts of this establishment was getting to know Joon and Peter. The next time we visit Edinburgh, we will definitely stay at No. 16 Learmonth Terrace.
The hospitality was.unparalleled!

Room Tip: There is only one guest room at this B&B. (It has your own entrance and private patio.so if th...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2012

I found No. 16 Learmonth Terrace alluring just by the images, but they did not lie. I have never stayed in a more comfortable high end B&B before. I have travelled loads, and nothing compares to soft, fresh lavender smelling towels, new slippers and chocolate waiting for me when I got home and loads of little extras. Luxury bathroom, great hospitality and accommodation to die for. I feel as though Joon & Peter are already my close friends, and I would be more than happy to have them stay at my house if they ever fancy coming to my country! It was very central, huge bed, amazing food. (have never seen a better breakfast…and I am fuzzy)! The room was very large, big windows. The house is very easy to get to, in one day I could remember its location, and I could walk to the biggest shopping street in 15minutes!
I am probably running out of words on the word count. Just wanted to say thank you for letting me stay to Peter and Joon, and I appreciate so much the little extras that was spread all around during my stay and for your help in everything!
Xx J

Room Tip: Always read reviews, never go for a place with no pictures..
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo