Having stayed many years ago at The Caledonian Hotel on our last visit to Edingburgh my husband and I decided to call in on our way back home from visiting Skye. We arrived late evening with no reservation but that was not a problem. From the moment we arrived this was to be a faultless and amazing stay. Albeit it was only one night it was perfect. From arrival and a free upgrade ( I have a Hilton Honours card ) the room on the 5th floor over looked the Castle. We could lay in bed and see the castle lit up. The room was perfect with an abundance of fluffy towels, dressing gowns, slippers and all the comforts of home. There was a coffee machine and the decor was delightful and most inkeeping with the rest of the hotel. Food in the Brasserie was good and the staff most attentive, Paul our waiter made us feel special and the attention to detail he delivered is worthy of a mention. Thank you. The cocktail bar staff Elliott and Neil made us also feel welcome and they are clearly part of a team that work to a very high standard. Danny and Abbie on reception added to this memorable and special stay. Having stayed in many hotels in the world The Caledonian is in my top 10 for service and excellence. Thank you to all those who make the customers of this hotel feel so special and want to return again and again. I feel that this Hotel is very worthy of praise of every aspect and the feel good factor and pride that all the staff display is worth commendation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland