Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
US$491
US$181
  • Pool
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$153
  • Bar/Lounge
Fraser Suites Edinburgh(Edinburgh)
US$207
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$256
US$271
US$226
  • Pool
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
US$222
US$202
Travelocity
4,024 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetfive star hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Having stayed many years ago at The Caledonian Hotel on our last visit to Edingburgh my husband and I decided to call in on our way back home from visiting Skye. We arrived late evening with no reservation but that was not a problem. From the moment we arrived this was to be a faultless and amazing stay. Albeit it was only one night it was perfect. From arrival and a free upgrade ( I have a Hilton Honours card ) the room on the 5th floor over looked the Castle. We could lay in bed and see the castle lit up. The room was perfect with an abundance of fluffy towels, dressing gowns, slippers and all the comforts of home. There was a coffee machine and the decor was delightful and most inkeeping with the rest of the hotel. Food in the Brasserie was good and the staff most attentive, Paul our waiter made us feel special and the attention to detail he delivered is worthy of a mention. Thank you. The cocktail bar staff Elliott and Neil made us also feel welcome and they are clearly part of a team that work to a very high standard. Danny and Abbie on reception added to this memorable and special stay. Having stayed in many hotels in the world The Caledonian is in my top 10 for service and excellence. Thank you to all those who make the customers of this hotel feel so special and want to return again and again. I feel that this Hotel is very worthy of praise of every aspect and the feel good factor and pride that all the staff display is worth commendation!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
GMHiltonCaledonian, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate your kind words of praise following your experience, and I shall certainly share you feedback with the relevant team members.

Furthermore, I do hope that you are able to return to the 'Caley' again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed here in early October 2012. From the minute we stepped out of the cab, service was genuine, helpful, and friendly without being intrusive. Concierge mentioned he was the "new guy" at 14 years, other staff members almost 50 years service! Our room was upgraded to one with a direct view of the castle, just like a postcard. Quiet and spacious, loved the bathroom! Location is an easy walk to Grassmarket and to the Royal Mile, so good spot to anchor an Edinburgh visit. After checking out we realized we left items in the closet. The staff cheerfully sent them on to our next location. Would not hesitate to stay here again, loved this hotel!

Room Tip: Further from lobby means best castle views - worth the walk down corridors that were wide and elegant.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. By all accounts, it seems that you had a wonderful time, and I am delighted that our staff were able to assist in making this possible.

Furthermore, I do hope that you will return to the 'Caley' again in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed here one night, first I was surprised that I was not offered late checkout as a status customer, neither mentioning the other benefits I am entitled to. The hotel is still in renovation so there is a gym temporary in some room and swimming they can send you to some other location, so no swimming for me this time. The rooms was extremely small, plus side for having a coffee maker. The TV was badly located as you could neither see it from the bed nor from a chair, as the bed takes up all the space in the room. The bed was rather hard. The bathroom had mould in the shower area and the toilet chair flushed badly.
The location of the hotel is good for exploring the central part of Edinburgh. The Breakfast was rather disappointing, very small room for the number of guests and the quality of the food was not up to Hilton standard. The scramled eggs looked more like smashed potatoes and the bacon was overfried, I was able to eat only the half of them without getting dental injuries. Very unpractically set up to pick up food, so you bump into others when looking for things. The meats for the bread were very limited.

Room Tip: Avoid room 205
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Rebellen A

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. Unfortunately however, it seems that we have fallen somewhat short of your expectations. Rest assured, we shall take all of your constructive feedback into consideration, and I shall share it with the relevant departments for the relevant improvements to be made.

Moreover, this experience is by no means the standards that we aim to provide for our guests, and I do hope that you choose to return to the 'Caley' again where we can show the service levels that we are able to provide.

Reviewed 22 October 2012

Arriving later than expected was not a problem for the staff at the Waldorf Astoria. The room was more than adequate, albeit, a quick dust of the hanging light, head board and chairs would not go amiss, this said everything else was very clean and tidy.
We tried the hotel restaurant during our stay, which I can only describe as worth every penny, the food was amazing, along with the service.
The only disappointment, the breakfast set up, while the food was good, due to the buffet style, it was a little on the cool side, not something you would expect when staying in such a lovely hotel which provides such fabulous evening food. Having said all of this, would I stay again, yes!

Room Tip: I'm a heavy sleeper, so it did not bother me, however, anyone who is a light sleeper do not sleep at the front of the hotel as you will hear the late night "party animals" passing the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
GMHiltonCaledonian, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. 'Exceptional service and wonderful hotel', I cannot thank you enough for your kind words of praise, and rest assured I shall share your feedback with the relevant departments throughout the hotel.

Furthermore, I certainly hope that you will return to the 'Caley' again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Last minute weekend stay, no reflection of my Elite status was given. Room good, location unbeatable but service lacklustre. Breakfast was average, certainly not 5 star, more Travelodge buffet! New Peacock Alley will be good, lift style music annoying

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank r15xeb
GMHiltonCaledonian, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. It appears that you were satisfied with your experience overall, however, I shall share your feedback with regards to your 'average' breakfast with our Food & Beverage Manager, as we are certainly looking to be better than average!

Furthermore, I do hope that you will have the opportunity to stay at the 'Caley' again in the future.