Doing business away from home is difficult, but the refurbished Caledonian Waldorf makes the entire process wonderful. The changes in the hotel make a big difference, I have stayed at the hotel before the renovation and several times since. Staff members are very friendly and helpful, the new Peacock Alley is a great way to start the day with a fresh cappuccino and the morning paper. I must admit I was tempted to take the sheets home with me, luxurious and fresh. My room had a view over the castle and the glow from the lights framed in the bedroom window was beautiful. I highly recommend this hotel, I will make it my base whenever I am in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotelopia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp and Booking.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland