Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
  • Pool
  • Pool
Tigerlily Hotel(Edinburgh)
4,077 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetfive star hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoorman
Reviewed 23 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights to go Christmas shopping and have a little pre Christmas luxury. This is a great hotel. Room was lovely, bathroom very impressive and everything spotlessly clean. The service was really good - I asked for soya milk and green tea at breakfast and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The breakfast was also lovely. We went to the pool/ gym for a couple of hours as the weather was terrible and it was fantastic - really luxurious - the gym equipment is state of the art and the facilities immaculate. Situated at the end of princes st the location is perfect for shopping and restaurants. All in all we loved it and hope to return for the rugby in the new year.

• Stayed: December 2012
GMHiltonCaledonian, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you had an enjoyable experience with us, and I shall pass on your thanks to all of our team members, including the breakfast team.

Moreover, I hope that you choose to stay at the 'Caley' again next year to do your Christmas shopping!

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Weekend stay lovely hotel well placed for shoping and restuarants.
Room was well presented although view from window was office block opposite.
Friendly helpfull staff caley bar nice place to relax after shopping.
Can see were money was spent on refurb all public areas stunning

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Paul L
GMHiltonCaledonian, Guest Relations Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2012

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read of your positive experience, and that you were able to relax, as well as shop!

Moreover, I do hope that you will return to the 'Caley' again in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

A good location and recently furbished ,but even the new carpets have not been able to get rid of the squeaky floorboards!
Bath tub with a standing shower already needs attention!
You get a welcome letter but no chocolates-just two bottles of water.
TV is not in front of your bed,but to one side-check this point before taking your room!
Nice cosy dressing gowns.
We tried to check in early,but this was not possible.
Did not have breakfast-felt this was overpriced at £20 per person!

Room Tip: higher floors more quiet
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rwilliamson5

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. Unfortunately however, it does appear that you have departed feeling not entirely satisfied with your overall experience. I would like to ensure you that we shall certainly take all of your points into consideration, and I appreciate your constructive feedback.

Moreover, I do hope that you choose to return to the 'Caley' in the future should you decide to visit Edinburgh again.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

I stay in a lot of hotels, in particular with the Hilton chain.

I can honestly say this is the best Hilton I've ever stayed in, the revamp to Waldorf class has changed it beyond belief. The rooms are first class (at least the ones I've stayed in, and I've tried a few) and clean/tidy, the pool and fitness area really great, and all the other locations (bar, breakfast etc...) maintain that 5* status.

Also, I'm surprised about the comments regarding staff, I found anyone I interacted with showing the utmost care and attention.

This is a really, really great hotel (very conveniently located too, if you want that).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. You have obviously enjoyed the time spent with us, and I am extremely pleased to read your kind remarks. Moreover, it will be a pleasure to share your feedback with our team members, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the 'Caley' again in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2012

Beautiful hotel in a great location. The staff were all fantastic, particularly regarding our 2 young children, it was great to stay in a luxurious hotel that was also so family friendly.

We were within a family party of 18 and nobody had a bad word to say about the hotel, simply could not fault it.

Room Tip: Beautiful scenery from the 'castle view' rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear guest,

thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I must say that it was a pleasure looking after you and your family, and I am delighted to hear that the entire party was satisfied with their experience.

Hopefully you will all be able to return to the 'Caley' again in the future.