Was a bit of a mix for a luxury hotel. Firstly the location surely must be the best of any hotel in Edinburgh, ideal for everything. It was a good waldorf hotel but I have stayed in better. We arrived early and were told the room wouldn't be ready till 3pm which was fine as that is normal check in time, we dropped our bags off with the concierge who stored them till we got back from the shops, however upon our return at 4:30pm we were told our room still wasn't ready. We were offered a complimentary cup of tea in peacock alley till it was ready but that shouldn't be the case in a 5* hotel. The room was nice enough with a castle view, unlike other reviews we had no problem with cold, noise or size. The breakfast was not bad, one day the food was lukewarm at best and the pastries were a bit hit and miss. Overall a nice stay but for me not upto the level I have experienced from WA in the past. The staff however were really very good, all very friendly and helpful with anything we needed,especially the concierge and doorman.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland