Good location. Very high priced for what it is. Paying for Waldorf Astoria name. Furnishings are dated and tired. Walls are thin and can hear other rooms. Restaurants are prohibitively expensive. Service was outstanding and and the staff very friendly and cordial. Floorboards in the bedroom sqeaked horribly when anyone walked. Hotel seemed half empty on a weekend. Biggest problem was lack of free wireless internet which many hotels not offer and very high daily charge to log in to there internet. We are from the USA and were not familiar with the city at all, but there clearly were better choices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland