Stayed there with my family at the end of June. Hotel is in a great location close to everything. Rooms are reasonably luxurious for old hotel with nice high ceilings. Facililities including lounge and fitness area match the 5-star rating.
However, service was not what I'd expect from a 5-star because of several issues. Prior to arriving, I replied to one of the e-mails welcoming me to the hotel to indicate that one of my daughters would be arriving several hours earlier than the rest of the family and to use my credit card on file if required (as I was using points for several nights and had paid in advance for the other nights). However, these instructions never made it to the front desk and instead they put through a couple 100 pound transactions on my daughters Visa card when she checked in early. It wasn't until a week later that we noticed these transactions has not been reversed in spite of the fact that everything was pre-paid. It then took a couple e-mails back to the hotel to acknowledge that these should be reversed but it has now been several weeks and the transactions have not been cleared. A bit disappointing to be chasing after spurious credit card charges from a 5-star (it is actually the first time it has happened with any hotel ever).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland