We stayed for two nights and had three different rooms. The first room was on the first floor and we wanted to change it because the traffic was too loud. We got a new room higher up, still a queen deluxe with amazing castle view. Excellent, if the AC had been working... it was too late to fix it the first night so instead we got a f an. When we got back to the room the next day we noticed it still hadn't been fixed so we had to ask about it again. It was too late in the afternoon to fix it again, so we got yet another room! At least we got an upgrade and had a beautiful, huge king deluxe room with castle views, complimentary wine and chocolates, a walk in closet etc etc. Even if it was a bit stressful to change rooms all the time, the staff was super friendly and helpful and always tried to sort it out the very best way possible.
The free valet parking was wonderful, we just pulled up in front of the hotel, left the car and went inside to check in. The bags were delivered to our room.
Whenever we went outside there was a man ready to hand us an umbrella in case there would be rain. The concierge was more than happy to help out with activities, restaurants etc.
The building itself is beautiful and an icon in the city. Double (or even triple!) glazed windows would of course help reducing the traffic noise a lot, and the swimming pool wasn't the cosiest we've seen, but otherwise this place was just immaculate. For example, Salvatore Ferragamo products in the bathrooms and bath robes to fall in love with - so wonderful that we had to buy one! Would love to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton EMEA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland