FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF A HHONORS LOYALTY MEMBER
Very nice property in a great location, spectacular views from the rooms (if you're willing to pay extra). Staff is courteous and friendly; seem knowledgeable enough. Furnishings/decor are good condition and quality (better be since the place was recently renovated to the tune of millions).
Treatment of HHonors members is disappointing (Diamond here). This property has chosen the path of "by the book," with minimum upgrade policy (slightly better view, higher floor, etc., but not much in the way of increased room size). I suppose if you pay near full rate, you will probably receive a decent upgrade. However, if you're on an award stay (non-revenue) like I was, then you won't be given the "red-carpet" treatment. So odd how companies create web-sites and ad campaigns designed to woo people into joining their loyalty programs, but once you do, your made to feel like your a burden? Day of check-in, larger rooms were still for sale on the WA web-site even though I was told none were available. Other Gold/Diamonds know what I mean by this.
All in all, a good stay and solid choice, just wish management genuinely appreciated their loyalty members. A true effort at rewarding loyalty members will bring additional revenue portfolio-wide down the road...my .02 cent FWIW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotelopia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland