Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Pool
4,025 results
All reviewspeacock alleycaley bargalvin brasserieguerlain spacastle viewbeautiful hotelend of princes streetfive star hotelturn down servicenespresso machinean upgradebirthday treatbeautiful roomhaggisroyal mileconciergedoorman
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Nice hotel, quiet, comfortable room but as five star hotel go, sadly lacking some basic needs. Most frustrating was the lack of free Wifi in the rooms. This should be a must have in most hotels these days, never mind a 5 star hotel. Even the Premier Inn gives you this. Also lack of a pen in the room was just annoying. Everything else was fine. Good sleep in a nicely furnished room, if a little small.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Graeme_Trips
GRMCaleyWA, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Graeme_trips,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am pleased your overall stay was brilliant; however I am sorry to hear you feel certain aspects of the hotel are lacking five star service. All of our rooms are provided with pens, I will personally follow up with our housekeeping team regarding this matter. We offer complimentary WIFI in our public areas and outlets and are currently reviewing our charges for the bedrooms.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just a quick line to say a massive thanks to the concierge who was working on Saturday night (16th November) He kindly made a quick phone call to Le Piazza and booked us a table when our previous booking let us down at the last minute - broken kitchen fans apparently!! This brilliant guy sent us on a 5 minute walk along the street to a fabulous restaurant. We had a superb meal and subsequently a fantastic night.
We looked for him when we came back to the hotel but he must've gone off shift.
So instead of a tip, you're getting a great review!! Not so good for the wallet but great for the ego!!
Thanks a lot, our evening could've turned out VERY differently!!

Room Tip: Don't book through a third party, book direct with the hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear Sandra L,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am delighted to hear you very much enjoyed your stay with us! It will be a pleasure for me, to share your kind and positive feedback with our Head Concierge Karl for his quick thinking and five star service ensuring you had an enjoyable and memorable evening!

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ in the near future.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. After a horrible journey with Scotrail we were delighted with the friendly and efficient welcome we got. Our room was lovely and comfortable - no, we didn't complain about not having a view etc. because we hadn't booked one - I really don't know where some previous reviewers are coming from in this regard. The breakfast service was outstanding, thank you to all the staff who made sure we had everything we desired - especially Lukasz.
We also were lucky enough to eat in the Brasserie on Saturday night - outstanding! I could go on - cocktails in Peacock Alley whilst listening to live piano music, the mix of contemporary and historical decor.... but I think you should all go and experience the Caledonian for yourselves.
Also, although I hesitate to bring this up, we were booked on a deal and in no way were we treated as second class citizens as has been suggested by others.
Thank you to the Caledonian for what was a rare and memorable experience for us.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
GRMCaleyWA, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Holsinsun,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. It is a pleasure to read your kind comments with regards to your stay at ‘The Caley’. I am pleased after a difficult journey to Edinburgh; you were greeted with a warm welcome by our staff members! I will pass on your thanks to the entire team who provided five star luxury service to ensure your stay with us was memorable. I am glad you experienced our Brasserie De Luxe and our Peacock Alley for cocktails and thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast service especially from Lucasz.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Wife and I stayed for 2 nights in a junior king suite. Reading reports about road noise in castle view rooms, I asked for a room on a higher floor undisturbed by external noise - and I got just that! We had room 454 whith views to the west over roof tops, and utterly silent, but who needs castle views in November? We thought the a la carte breakfasts, cooked to order, were very good. I was going to drop a point on the rating because a misunderstanding on the package we were booked on looked like making us financially out of pocket, but this was resolved with grace and without hesitation and we left with an extremely positive "feelgood" mood from our experience at the Caledonian. Just wish five star hotels realised that charges for in room internet connections (£14 here) are as inappriopriate as charging for TV usage - or hot water!!

Room Tip: Romm 454 - a junior king suite room. Comfortable, spacious, very quiet indeed with views over rooftops to the west
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear XPO100,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am delighted to hear you had an excellent and comfortable stay in room 454. I am pleased you were left feeling extremely positive after a misunderstanding with your room package. With regards to your comment on our WIFI charges, we offer complimentary WIFI in our public areas and outlets and are currently reviewing our charges for WIFI in our bedrooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed here for one night. Lovely service and very clean room! Breakfast was lovely and so was dinner in the hotels restaurant. The bar was just as lovely too. Everything a hotel should be just except for the fact my room was overlooking a car park and my window was directly opposite a office building. Would stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear kim4321540,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review following your recent stay at The Caledonian, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the outlets the hotel has to offer, including dinner in one of our restaurants by Galvin.

We look forward to welcoming you back to ‘The Caley’ on your next visit to Edinburgh!