A first class experience from the moment you arrive to the sad point where you need to leave.
Very central location. Great Valet parking. Fast, friendly and knowledgeable reception staff.
We had a deluxe room with a Castle view which was superb. Great room size and amenities including Nespresso. Fabulous bath robes.
We did it all:
Had drinks at the bar
Ate lunch at 'Brasserie de Luxe'
Had dinner at 'The Pompadour'
I could live at this hotel forever. There is no better place in Edinburgh. Good value also in my opinion.
Will we return - possibly every single time we visit - just to feel like royalty for the day.
Excellent job - love the place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, TravelUp, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland