We were 3 people travelling together, and booked a regular room.
We got two king size beds, big bathroom, ipod-docking station and a Nespresso coffee-maschine with lots of complimentary coffee. No view though. We did not try the restaurant, and breakfast was not included, good, because right next door, we had a lovely scottish breakfast, halve the price!!!! :) (Big breakfast menu) eggs, toast, bacon, sousages, coffe/tea and haggis! :) I do not remember the name, but it was a little right next to the Caledonian, before you cross Princess street.
We did not try out the spa.
The hotel was situated near shopping, restaurant, pubs and bars.
Right outside the hotel you got the lovely view of the Castle. :)
The elevator was very small and we was always waiting for it.
When we wanted to check out of the hotel, we had to wait a long time for help in the reception.
Tip: The airport Shuttle bus, stops right outside the hotel.
P.s. It seems it always rains in Edinburgh, bring an umbrella!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Expedia, Hotelopia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland