We stayed here in January to celebrate my husbands birthday. On arrival to our room there was a plate with chocolates saying Happy Birthday which was a lovely surprise.
We were given a free upgrade from a King Deluxe to a King Deluxe with View which was a nice touch (likely because the hotel was quiet and I am an Accor Club member).
Our room was massive and had beautiful views of Edinburgh Castle and Princes Street. The bed was very comfy and the bathroom was massive with good lighting.
We never had dinner in the hotel, but did have drinks in Peacock Alley, where the service was friendly and the cocktails were delicious.
We had breakfast the next morning in the brasserie. It was approx £20pp and there was an excellent selection of food, with the chefs constantly coming out to replace items.
This is a beautiful hotel with great service, and we would definitely return. I am now looking forward to my upcoming stay at the Waldorf Astoria New York even more
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Hotelopia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland