The positives - location is excellent and the view from our room of the castle was wonderful. The negative side of this though, is that even when you are up on the 4th floor you can hear LOTS of street noise at night from both people and vehicles. So it is not the quietest of places. I have stayed in lots of city centre hotels, from Russia to Spain to the USA and this was one of the noisiest. I assume that they can not put secondary glazing in due to the age of the property?
The spa/pool area is wretched and is one of the worst "spas" that I have ever gone to in terms of cleanliness and dreariness. The pool and jacuzzi area is a sorry sight to behold and the smell of chemicals in the jacuzzi is so intense that you don't want to stay in there for long, so don't bother booking this hotel if you are after a lovely spa experience. I can't comment on the treatments since we did not have any.
The bed was hard. The pillows were lovely and soft.
The bathroom was tiny and the taps did not work properly in the bath.
The brasserie is superb and the food and service was excellent. Peacock Alley was also very pleasant and relaxing with a great choice of drinks and attentive staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hilton EMEA, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland