We're in process of bringing to this hotel over the course of a few days a very large group of friends who have traveled together extensively for nearly a decade and a half. We're well traveled and have experienced many levels of service from the Serengeti in Africa to Ashford Castle in Ireland. Not all have compelled me to write a review. This one has. The Waldorf Astoria/Caledonian has not only the best location in town, but the friendliness, the deference to those who require it and the ability to anticipate our needs. It's only been a few days so far, but our experience here been remarkable. From the top down, it has already been a success. Bravo and congratulations to the hotel management. The individuals made a difference: Joanis (in Brasserie management), was both engaging and professional, and helped with our dinner parties - he made a huge impact on our experience here. Laura, Chris and Natalie in events and guest relations, respectively, were extraordinary and always cheerful and ready to help. Equally impressive: the front desk and concierges, housekeeping and fabulous wait staff, who are warm, helpful and again, completely professional. No request was too large or too small to garner complete attention. They went over and above what was expected. Whether you're here on your own or bringing a group, if you want a lovely, top-flight hotel with impeccable service and wonderful food - (first rate; an amazing chef who is an artful and creative talent as well as a lovely individual) then this is the place for you. We'll be here again, without a doubt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland