We just had a short weekend break in glorious Edinburgh, and the quality of this hotel made the whole trip really special. The staff at reception are very friendly (thank you Yannic) & helpful and showed us to a charming room with a view of the castle and a very comfy bed. I do think a 3pm check-in time, though not unusual, is a bit late tho…
The hotel is a grand old building so the interiors all seem to have good proportions and an elegant style. The new parts, such as Peacock Alley where we had lunch, are quite grand and tastefully done too. The food was good, tho not as good as the cocktails, and not as good as the Amazing breakfast we had the next day! (I read someone on here complaining that there is no breakfast menu which made it difficult - this is rather unfair as almost everything is on the buffet and you can ask for pretty much anything you want and you'll get it quickly, the staff in the breakfast room were wonderful).
The hotel gave us a great recommendation for dinner (Stac Polly's on Dublin Street), and all in all the whole experience made us fall in love with Edinburgh all over again. Thank you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hilton EMEA, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland