Agree with the previous review, two tea bags and 4 UHT mini milks in room is not good enough for 5 star. Having said that the room did include a complimentary Nespresso coffee maker.
Hotel is newly renovated so everywhere is clean and spotless.
For me it was lacking the wow factor especially when you first arrive in reception, this is more an issue with the build design in this case.
Staff were very helpful, can't fault them.... went for afternoon tea and scones, while very tasty we were served with the smallest scones ever!
We had to pay extra for breakfast, and just selected the Full Scottish which was very tasty and fulfilling.
Didn't eat dinner in restaurant, very pricey, and with central Edinburgh on the doorstep we were spoilt for choice.
Location excellent for shopping in Princes street, access to Castle and Royal Mile plus restaurants in George Street and Rose Street.
Arrived by Airline bus from airport, there is a bus stop just round the corner, so no need to go all the way to final stop at Waverley station.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland