We stayed here for two nights and found it a most comfortable experience. Our room was cheerfully changed when there was a problem with the cooling system. The room and bath were large and well-appointed. We especially liked the good lighting. The bed was comfortable. The room did not provide a view of the castle, but that was less important to us than it be quiet, which it was. The location was perfect for us--at the end of Princes Street. We walked to the castle, and the charming streets of New Town were nearby. Other sites were a short taxi ride away. Thomas and Malcolm were very helpful in making dinner reservations and giving advice on other activities. We cannot comment on the restaurant as it was closed Sunday and Monday, the nights we were there. My only negative comment is we thought the breakfast was overpriced. But overall, we give this hotel the highest recommendation and would chose it again on a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland