Lovely old world hotel, but not without glitches. We arrived in the morning around 9:30 so, understandably, the rooms weren't ready. We were two friends, each with our own room. I gave them my cellphone number and they said they'd call as soon as the rooms were ready. They even texted me immediately to let me know they would do so. Hours went by, with my checking my phone every 15 minutes, and I was never contacted. Finally, we went back to the hotel around 3:45pm and the rooms had been ready for hours but they never contacted me. I was annoyed to say the least as I was very tired from traveling and wanted to get into my room. My room was lovely and large and well appointed. My friend, for the same price, was put on the 5th floor, which I was told had been an area for service people with much smaller rooms - though larger bathroom - and very small high placed windows. While the view was better, this room should not be priced as are others in the hotel. They are a good bit smaller, with narrower hallways. The "lounge" area of the hotel is gorgeous and relaxing and there is a lovely spa area where I was given access while waiting for my room. They couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating in the spa. The concierge was terrific and found us great places to eat. The hotel is also wonderfully located in Edinburgh. Great place but I'd stay away from the top floor unless being on the top floor is more important than the size of the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland