Just returned from a wonderful 4 night stay at this historic hotel in Edinburgh. Although not right in the heart in the Old Town or New Town, it was less than a 5 minute walk to major attractions.
As a Diamond Member, we were upgraded to a castle view room which was spectacular. The room was well appointed and was large for a European historic hotel. As our flight from Canada arrived at 7am, we were also given early check-in which gave us an opportunity to relax before we started exploring the city that day. Daily continental breakfast was provided which was wonderful. 3 out of 4 days there was freshly squeezed orange juice which was very good. We also experienced afternoon tea as well and enjoyed the experience.
The housekeeping was a little inconsistent, small details as locations of rugs and what amenities would be replenished were some of the issues we noted.
Although we were on the 2nd floor, the room itself was quiet, no street noise as the curtains kept the noise out. The curtains also kept the room dark which was wonderful.
The front desk staff, concierge and the restaurant staff were all very helpful.
Overall a great experience, would definitely stay here again and recommend friends and family to stay here as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian, or the "Caley" as it has become affectionately known among Edinburgh folk, was and still is the epitome of style and excellence. The large, rose-coloured Permian sandstone facade, quarried in Dumfries, dominates the skyline of the city's west end. The hotel has not only remained a focal point for more than one hundred years, but a symbol of the very best of Scottish hospitality. The Caley's pivotal position at the very heart of Edinburgh has always been its greatest asset. Created out of the 19th century railway boom, the five star hotel is looking to the future with confidence and pride in its ability to keep pace with the times. The hotel's reputation is as justified now as it was when the hotel first opened its doors in 1903. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton International Edinburgh
- Hilton Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Hilton
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland